Are you interested in managing programs that build a creative and adaptive workspace by integrating technology into a seamless customer experience? Are you excited to manage programs that create a secured workspace for all Amazon workers using technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, facial recognition, and Gait analysis? Are you passionate about retiring third-party tools and build in-house products? Do you want to be a pioneer on a newly formed team and grow as a leader? Is Hiring and Developing the best one of your super powers? This is the opportunity for you.
In Finance Automation, we built technology to simplify and automate the processes Amazon uses to manage its financial relationships with external parties. We are on a journey to create technology that simplifies the processes that Amazon uses to procure, collect and pay. We recently formed a new Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) Technology team which is the software development team for GREF. This team builds products and tools to enable Amazon’s corporate real estate team as they build and operate the company’s facilities worldwide.
This Technical Program Manager role will manage multiple programs in a global environment across multiple technology platforms. This position requires the candidate to assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources as needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. The ideal candidate is technically strong and a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate will have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
Cross-functional technical expertise is required for this position. The candidate must independently lead projects and deliver expert level solutions based on thorough analysis of business requirements, and work collaboratively across the organization to identify opportunities for process improvements. The candidate should be capable of assessing the right balance of risk to allocate the right resources, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Come join us in making history!
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 2+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant program management experience
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders to develop product requirements
- 5+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules.
- 5+ years of leading large cross-functional projects with large groups of technical and business stakeholders
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Exhibit a strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
- Provide exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Show a capability to create a strong business and technical vision and drive a team towards that vision.
- Demonstrate strong execution abilities by identifying, evaluating, tracking and mitigating issues and risks.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders in an organized manner.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Possess expertise delivering projects with agile methodologies.
- Experience with AWS is a plus