Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. Cloud computing is disrupting, and we are eagerly seeking talented, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join us as we continue build on the AWS platform. AWS is the largest cloud provider in the world, serving nearly 1/3 of all internet traffic. One in two of our customers come to us for help creating the future of the internet, and you will own the customer experience for the cloud based tools they use.
The AWS Application Security Team is looking for you - a curious and motivated engineer to build security automation tooling for our customers. We own protecting customers and hardening all the services and features we launch for those customers. You will be responsible building tooling that AWS product teams use to build secure code in partnership with AWS Security Engineers and Product Teams.
A Software Engineer must produce results in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge, and foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with disagreement. They are also expected to mentor more junior engineers and be security through leader for their organization. Amazon’s Leadership Principles of “Dive Deep”, “Earn Trust”, and “Customer Obsession” will be called upon daily, so a successful candidate will need a combination of technical and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of complex decisions while keeping customer security first!
· Design, build and test Software Solutions for the AppSec Review program.
· Provide software development expertise in support of AWS Security
· Directly represent the team to business leader and technical staff at all levels of the company
· Demonstrate “exceptional” judgment, integrity, business acumen, and communication skills.
· Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences.
· 4+ years' experience in software development
· 4+ years' experience in Java, Python, C#, Ruby on Rails, or C++ development
· Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Experience with full-stack software development - from UI to infrastructure and working in a Linux / Unix environment.
· Experience building network security systems such as firewalls, unified threat management, and virtual private network technologies
· Experience working with serverless architectures, developing complex enterprise-focused applications and object oriented design.
· Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts.
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
· Prior experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems.
· Experience with scalable, API-based agent or service oriented software architecture.
· Desire and energy to work in an energizing environment.
· Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology.
Please reach out to AWS Recruiter, Courtney Schumm (@schummc) for more information.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.