Come and be part of the ISS DE Platform team and work on solving cutting edge Data Engineering Problems.
International Seller Services and Global Sales is seeking a smart, highly-motivated, and experienced Data Engineer to join the International Seller Services - Business Intelligence & Strategy team to help us create the right data and the reporting infrastructure for the org-level reports that will be used by International Seller Services & Global Sales Sales Leadership worldwide.
We are a team of DEs' who supports Applied Scientists, Data Scientist, Economist who experiment, research, and turn machine/deep learning and AI research into great products for our customers.
In this role you will:
- Be one of the key builders of a new BI Platform, data infrastructure and org-level reporting for our Sales organization
- As a part of the centralized BI governance team, own high-impact alignment and standardization projects across the organization
- Represent our organization in data engineering initiatives across Amazon
- Be at the heart of the Marketplace 3P Seller recruitment business, interacting with country leaders, BI leaders and executive management across EU, JP and NA.
- Own key org-level executive reports that are consumed by our VPs and Directors
- Be one of the key builders of the “Business Insights platform” that will be used by global sales teams worldwide to access reporting, deep dives, and seller insights.
- Have direct impact on all Marketplace (3P) Seller recruitment channels (direct sales, self-service registration, existing Seller growth) across North America, Europe, Japan, China, India, and countries like South Korea and Singapore where we do not have a marketplace site.
Some background on International Seller Services and our team:
The Marketplace or “Selling on Amazon” business exists in 11 countries, exceeds 40% of Amazon’s total sales, and is growing in a major way. Each year, thousands of businesses join new marketplaces, thereby adding millions of new products. Amazon’s vision is to offer the Earth’s largest product selection and lowest prices to our customers. As the Sales teams within the International Seller Services organization around the world, we deliver on this vision is by recruiting and launching out-of-country Sellers onto Amazon platforms worldwide.
The International Seller Services Business Intelligence & Strategy Team owns the business intelligence support for our business, the BI governance and the central collaboration of key initiatives to support our sales teams in different countries.
We’re after someone who can learn new technologies quickly and who is a self-starter that is comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficiency in SQL and Microsoft Excel, experience with business intelligence tools.
· 3+ years of relevant experience building data models, creating reports, using metrics and data to backup business cases, planning, and decisions.
· Experience in projects involving cross-functional teams and successfully completing complex/large scale projects
· Experience in using databases in a business environment with large-scale data sets
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field
· Experience with data visualization software, preferably Tableau
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Presto/Spark/Athena)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation