Amazon’s growing Canada Marketplace Self-Service Registration team is looking for a Marketing Manager to make a big impact on thousands of businesses in Canada. This role is for ambitious candidates who are passionate about communication and marketing. If you are seeking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, action-packed team, with the opportunity to build things from scratch and succeed in uncharted territory, then this is your home.
If you join the Self Service team, you will help us build scalable online and offline programs aimed at recruiting and developing our Sellers (Small and Medium businesses that Sell on Amazon). To be successful in this role you will need to thrive on ambiguity, be able to see the big picture and also execute on a tactical level. You’ll further develop a global mindset, and should be equally comfortable working with marketers, product managers, public relations, and teams ranging from finance to analytics.
The candidate has a history of achieving goals and exceeding deliverables. Applicants should be strong analytical thinkers and problem solvers who thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments. They are strong communicators, effective listeners and project managers who are able to balance multiple and often conflicting priorities. We are looking for someone who can create a set of successful channel strategies, roll out and analyze effective campaigns, and optimize performance over time.
This candidate needs to be comfortable working with complex challenges, appreciates autonomy, and understands the value of a rapid test-learn approach.
Experience in digital marketing or e-commerce merchandising is highly desired.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, economics, business, and/or relevant field of study
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in acquisition and/or performance marketing
· Proven ability to build, execute, and scale cross-functional marketing programs
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
· Ability to manage time and multiple priorities with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to present ideas to various levels of an organization and gain support for initiatives
· Accomplished range of skills from strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
· Comfortable with advanced Excel and capable of manipulating data in order to perform analysis
· Advanced computer literacy especially in Microsoft Office applications (set up meetings in MS Outlook, basic formatting in MS Word, build tables and graphs in MS Excel)
· Proficiency in mass marketing and automated SaaS programs such as Pardot, etc.
· Project management basics
· 4+ years of progressive responsibility in digital marketing
· Statistical analysis experience
· Work experience preferably in the eCommerce, on-line advertising, retail technology, or IT industries
· History of exceeding targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
· A passion for digital marketing and understanding its business impact