With the recent launch of Amazon Business in Canada, we are expanding our North American sales team to make buying even easier for Canadian business customers across all verticals. Companies can now easily manage their procurement needs and purchase supplies through Amazon Business and Business Prime.
Account Representatives in the SMB segment are responsible for building and managing their book of business leveraging solution-selling, traditional and digital prospecting tactics, and supporting long-term strategic customer relationships following the initial prospect/onboarding and stabilization period. The primary areas of responsibility include prospecting, expert knowledge of features and products to create a personalized solution for each institution (feature adoption), and developing relationships with buying decision makers across functional areas such as Information Technology, Facilities, and more.
The Account Representative will ensure recommended solutions meet our customer’s procurement needs and will recommend approaches and alternatives that fit their environment, including but not limited to contracting and competitive requirements unique to public institutions, eProcurement integration, advanced payment, and automated reconciliation processes. The candidate will work closely with customers to manage deployment and ensure that our solutions are successfully adopted. This is an Inside Sales role with 10% travel (tradeshows and customer meetings).
The ideal candidate will have relevant consultative sales experience and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals and revenue targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Initiate prospecting and lead generation activities businesses and organizations
· Assisting customers with registration and presenting registered customers with Amazon Business account tours
· Meet or exceed targets for customer acquisition and customer spend adoption
· Educating and networking with key prospect and customer contacts
· Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product Management, Technical and Category Management teams.
· Drive customer satisfaction
· Work closely with marketing, merchandising, business development, customer service and other key internal Amazon stakeholders
· BA/BS degree
· 3-5 years inside sales experience
· Ability to prospect and build the funnel of leads to drive registrations
· Desire to work in fast-paced, challenging environment
· Excellent communications skills with the ability to manage challenging conversations in a professional manner
· Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
· Proven ability to influence others and lead customer engagements
· Proven ability to influence others
· Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to role-up your sleeves
· Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
· Knowledge of procurement and source to pay methods at small and medium businesses
· Bilingual in French/English
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.