Are you passionate about being on the cutting edge of technology? Do you have experience working in or with media companies? The Amazon Alexa team is looking for a Sr. Business Development Manager with the right blend of creativity, technical prowess, negotiation abilities and knowledge of the media space. The Sr. Business Development Manager will source, drive, and build strategic relationships with content creators and personalities loved by customers. You will be the “face of Amazon” with key partners, negotiating agreements, building engagement and marketing campaigns and managing partnerships between Amazon and these partners toward continued success. Our ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, as well as the technical understanding to problem-solve and drive deals across all stakeholders, including working with tech and product teams both internally and with partners. You will also be able to think strategically about business, product and technology, and map the intersection of partner needs and Amazon priorities. Come join us as we work hard, have fun, and make history!
· Identify and engage with third-party content creators to drive opportunity for compelling Alexa experiences.
· Negotiate complex deals involving strategic external relationships, and internal product, tech, marketing and finance teams.
· Work with cross-functional teams to enable the successful recruiting and on-onboarding of content.
· Manage relationships with content creators on an ongoing basis and advocate internally for features and functionalities that will help facilitate a world class experience
· Drive product capabilities and enhance functionalities of the Alexa platform.
· Develop unique, compelling, and exciting presentations of new Amazon technologies
· Create actionable steps to achievement of big, ambiguous ideas
· BA/BS degree
· 8+ years of overall work experience in business development
· Experience working on strategic deals which are creative and align business incentives with great customer experiences
· Experience working in the media space
· Experience working with emerging technologies, especially speech/voice
· Track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
· Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills; ability to close high value and high profile deals
· Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals
· Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions
· Creative problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans
· Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
· Superior ability to present to executives and work with cross-functional teams (product, marketing, etc.)
· Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
· MBA is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age