Are you passionate about healthcare and genomics? Do you want to build and lead an innovative, agile development team to deliver software that will help customers collect, organize, and activate health data and genomics? Do you want to help build better models that enable clinical interventions and clinical research to prevent and manage disease? If you have a passion to help transform healthcare and genomics at scale, join the AWS Public Sector team!
AWS Public Sector is creating a team to deliver rapid development capabilities to our healthcare customers. AWS is looking for a world class software development manager to build and to lead a team focused on healthcare and genomics. You will work with the Product Manager, customers, and your software development team to deliver AWS Quick Starts, software assets, and build an open source community that drives innovation in healthcare using AWS.
At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers. You must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. You must be a technical, detail-oriented leader who can build and grow an engineering organization. You’ll need to excel at hiring and developing strong software development engineers. You’ll also need strong judgment and programming skills. In AWS, our leaders have a lot of ownership and autonomy; so, they need to be right a lot. You will have to be obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet. You’ll need to be able to invent and simplify which is what we do every day in Amazon. We need leaders that are able to look at problems in new ways, inventing simple solutions to complex problems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
· Established skill designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a distributed systems environment
· Strong technical credentials, with 8+ years’ experience managing software development teams with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience leading Agile development
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Experience in the healthcare industry
· Familiarity with healthcare interoperability standards
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software on time
· Demonstrated creativity and judgment in developing exceptional experiences to customers
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills