Would you like to be a part of a diverse recruiting team that is responsible for the growth of Alexa? Then apply today! The Amazon Alexa Recruiting team is seeking a talented, customer-focused Technical Recruiter to join our recruiting organization. You will work with a team of recruiters, sourcers and recruiting coordinators focusing in the areas of candidate talent search, placement and process improvements.
Amazon sets a high bar for its talent and it will be your job to build scalable strategies that will enable us to attract the very best the world has to offer. You will build pipelines of active and passive candidates. We will support you by providing innovative proprietary and 3rd party tools to manage those pools of candidates. You will embed yourself in local talent markets, hold internal and external events, leverage the teams to drive referrals and become a brand ambassador for tech hiring. The businesses are active sponsors in these events and will provide time, budget and enthusiasm to help you make these events a success.
All candidates, at whatever stage in the recruitment life cycle, are important to us so you will have the customer first mindset that will ensure our candidates have the very best experience. Whether successful this time or not, we want our candidates to feel they have had a positive, challenging and enjoyable experience so you will be given everything you need to make that happen.
We think we’ve been doing a pretty good job of hiring the best talent but there are always ways to improve and that’s where you come in. Help us continue to be the world’s most customer centric organization.
What we offer:
· You join a diverse team of skilled Tech Recruiters.
· You will learn about recruiting into various locations across north america for one of the fastest growing tech companies.
· You will work with Hiring Managers that are eager to partner with you.
This is a great opportunity to be in a high-visibility role as part of a team focused on making an impact on the business while recruiting for smart, innovative talent.
A little bit about the team: Our Recruiting team was formed to focus on hiring in domain areas that have been historically challenging to fill but of long-term value to Amazon. We started with a concentration on Machine Learning and AI, and have expanded to include other applied science domains such as Speech, NLU, NLP, Deep Learning, Image Processing, Acoustics, Computer Vision and Robotics.We are not the only team that does hiring for Machine Learning and Sciences at Amazon, but we act as a centralized team to experiment with recruiting programs and drive alignment and collaboration in these areas.
What you do as a Technical Recruiter on the team:
· Define and drive the recruitment strategy for your business areas.
· Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches.
· Assess recruiting data (e.g. conversion rates) to define even better ways to fill open roles.
· Work with the business, HR, and Compensation to determine appropriate salary ranges and negotiate compensation with candidates.
· Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years experience recruiting senior software engineers and other senior technical roles.
· You have experience with Science Recruiting.
· You have previously worked in a Recruitment Agency, filling niche/senior technical roles.
· You have a strong customer orientation with the ability to communicate with candidates and business leaders at all levels.
· You have experience using data to drive decisions and build a business case when appropriate.
· You possess strong project management skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.