Launched on the web in 1995, Amazon has grown to become the world's leader in e-commerce, and in customer service. Our vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where customers can find and discover anything they want to buy online. Our global Customer Service (CS) team is at the heart of that mission, supporting Amazon’s millions of customers on product questions, post-order inquiries, technical support, and customer account management.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, innovative and customer-orientated environment, Amazon is the place for you. We’re making history and the great news is that we’ve only just begun.
This role is based in Seattle, and is part of the Worldwide (WW) Customer Service Communications team. The Communications Program Manager provides communications counsel and support to WWCS leaders to help them effectively engage with employees around the globe, located in brick and mortar, virtual and partner sites. The role is also responsible for providing counsel and advice to leaders on decisions with potential impact on the reputation of the organization, and developing strategies to mitigate and manage risk. Additionally, the role is responsible for developing and leading global communications to support programs, channel development, changes, and issues.
The Communications Program Manager ensures that all messaging reinforces our culture and that we have consistent, intentional themes threaded throughout communications, identifying appropriate communications channels (All Hands meetings, video messages, newsletters, blogs, internal social media tools, team meetings, etc.), translations, content, and teaches others how to deliver that content. The role reports directly to the WWCS Snr. Communications Program Manager.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Develop and execute leadership communications strategies, in alignment with the Global CS Communication Strategy.
· Develop and lead global communications programs to support the WWCS Snr. Communications Program Manager as required.
· Partner with, and provide strategic counsel to WWCS and operational leaders, particularly regarding decisions with potential impact on the business and reputation, and develop strategies to mitigate and manage.
· Provide issues management and crisis communications support when required.
· Develop and execute highly innovative internal communications strategies, messages and tactics to engage a dynamic employee base in multiple locations and languages.
· Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses and geographies.
· Provide expert internal communications counsel to diverse groups within the organization.
· Use internal communications tools including: All Hands, blogs, email, video, and social media tools to engage the WWCS workforce.
· Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize impact
· Develop and manage internal communications (for example, intra- or cross-divisional messages, talking points, frequently asked questions (FAQs), associate-facing promotional materials, presentations, articles).
· Develop communication plans for major change initiatives and engagement campaigns.
· Train leadership teams on written, verbal, and visual communication strategies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field (Journalism, Marketing Communication, Public Relations or related field and / or related work experience in the area of Communications and Change Management).
· 6+ years of communications experience including internal communications-focused experience.
· Experience in providing counsel to, and working with senior executives.
· Experience working with virtual teams.
· Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations.
· Experience leading communications programs in a multinational business.
· Experience leading social media employee engagement programs/campaigns.
· Fluent in English and another language.
· Experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges.
· Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when it’s outside the scope of the job.
· Communications experience in media, Internet, technology, distribution, operations, automotive, retail and/or airline industries is highly preferred.
· Excellent track record of driving cultural change and influencing organizations through a communications plan.
· Excellent writing skills are a must, with the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age