Our ability to predict the future is our ultimate competitive advantage. The AWS EC2 Core Platform team is looking for a seasoned, proven senior software development manager to own and grow the software system required to forecast customer usage behavior along multiple dimensions: timing, location, duration, burstiness, and much more. These signals will drive many mission critical EC2 systems that manage customer traffic placement, admission control, inventory replenishment, backend scaling, and capital efficiency management. Working together, these systems help us improve our cost structure and provide greater availability to our customers at a lower cost.
If you join us, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to lead a highly visible AWS team which enables the world leading AWS EC2 to operate at scale!
· BS degree or higher in CS with a minimum of 10 years of relevant software engineering and system design experience.
· Proven experience with full development life cycle for large-scale software products including extensive experience with service-oriented architectures, design patterns and web services.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, and real time machine learning applications.
· Experience managing complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact
· Experience playing a visionary leadership role within a large organization
· 3+ years of experience managing people
· Advanced Degree (MS/PhD) preferred
· 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level software engineer
· Machine learning experience
· Deep understanding of system performance tradeoffs and engineering for resilience and high availability