@Amazon.com is looking for talented, driven and entrepreneurial people to focus on building our B2B product selection across Sports and Outdoors. The Sr. Vendor Manager position is an exciting opportunity to work in the early stages of us building the Sporting and Outdoors B2B business on Amazon. This individual will need need be comfortable with working directly with Vendors to negotiate for B2B relevant selection, but also lead a series of pilot projects that will help us uncover how we can accelerate growth in B2B Sports and Outdoors sales. This individual will also need to be passionate about understanding the Education and Government customer.
In 2015, Amazon announced the launch of Amazon Business, a new marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits tailored to businesses. Amazon Business provides easy access to hundreds of millions of products – everything from IT and lab equipment to education, food service supplies and power tools. Over the last 4 years Amazon Business has grown significantly, surpassing $10B in sales and attracting millions of business customers. These customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customers, so we are reinventing how we add and display business selection, price products, and provide the right customer experience.
Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is highly enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams in a very ambiguous area. The Business Development Manager for Amazon Business is an effective listener, communicator and problem-solver, and is able to balance the needs and requirements of both Amazon and vendors. He or she must be able to effectively engage with vendors to pitch Amazon Business’ value proposition, convince them to join our platform and provide tailored on-boarding support:
· Identify, negotiate and onboard new vendors across various product verticals
· Guide vendors through product set up process and partner with product set up support teams to resolve issues
· Identify selection hold out reasons and partner with product and program management teams to develop solutions to address them
· Manage vendor performance to optimize selection, pricing, availability to increase sales and vendor satisfaction
· Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of your vendors.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years of relevant experience in sales, buying, account management, consulting and/or marketing preferably in eCommerce or B2B industries
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and time management
· Proactive attitude, detail oriented, fast learner and team player
· Proven analytical skills – ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
· High level of ambiguity
· Experience in early stage innovation
· Proven track record in B2B or relevant category
· Understanding and passion for Retail
· Pragmatism and Ownership
· Track record of delivering results in B2B space