Partner Development Manager, Strategic Global Partners
Amazon Pay is seeking an experienced Partner Development Manager who will be responsible for managing, growing and driving scale through the Amazon Pay global, strategic partners. The Partner Development Manager manages the strategic engagement between Amazon and the partner at the executive level and drives the execution of those strategies through teams at both the partner and Amazon. The Partner Development Manager will be tasked with developing and executing programs to help Amazon Pay forge deeper and stronger relationships within the portfolio of strategic partners. The Partner Development Manager will focus on the growth of the partners’ merchant base through increased product adoption which will increase processed transaction volume. The individual will work across Amazon to utilize other products and services to create new and powerful value propositions for these partners. The Partner Development Manager will play a key role in the coordination of teams and the communication of new products and features, while representing the partners and their merchant’s needs and experience back to internal stakeholders. The Partner Development Manager will represent both product and customer experience leadership across multiple strong teams in a fast-paced, start-up-style environment. The Partner Development Manager is the primary outcome owner for building merchant and TPV growth through these global partners.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Be a thought leader, defining success criteria and understanding the business needs of the partners and their merchants in an ever-changing business environment.
· Be responsible for building strategic relationships with partners, influencing their merchants across the account, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, while impacting all business groups.
· Work at the executive strategic level within the account and implement a broad strategy for growing the business.
· Build a multi-level relationship engagement between the partner’s organization and Amazon.
· Partner with internal and external teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
· Partner closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Identify opportunities to cross-sell Amazon Marketplace/SOA, AWS, Fulfillment by Amazon, Multi-Channel Fulfillment, Amazon Business, Alexa, Amazon Local, MP3, Video, Kindle, Amazon Advertising, Product Ads, Associates, Gift Cards, and others.
Partner Relationship & Management:
· Build and extend partner relationships through partner CxOs
· Maximize Customer and Partner Experience through strong partner relationships
· Drive overall Partner Satisfaction and contribute to partner business success
· Drive partner executive engagement at the global level and ensure global decisions cascade to the regional and local levels
· Increase partner’s Amazon mindshare and commitment
· Build and continuously update joint partner account plans with each managed partner and execute against the plan to meet agreed upon goals, deliverables and metrics.
· Execute partner account management strategies to create significant value to the partner.
· Identify key business opportunities, manage toward a growth plan and exceed the key performance indicators for each partner.
· Manage partner accounts, define opportunities and input/output goals for each partner and coordinate with the extended team to deliver results.
· Implement account management best practices and standard operating procedures into the business development framework.
· Increase in the number of merchants, percent penetration and transactions processed through the partner’s platform using Amazon Pay.
· Ensure current transaction volume levels are maintained and identify opportunities to generate incremental transaction volume and increase buyer and seller awareness.
· Engage the right teams to conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting the partner and their merchants’ business performance. Establish a periodic business review with the partner that addresses key business issues.
· Be the Voice of the Partner, representing the partners and their merchant base effectively within Amazon Pay by understanding their business needs, product, process and system requirements to influence and define Amazon Pays’ future direction.
· Develop a deep understanding of the current and future functionality of Amazon Pay in order to find and execute upon new opportunities with the partner.
· Manage complex partner contract negotiations.
· Develop a plan with the partner to manage any applicable product or platform changes.
· Optimize marketing engagements with the partner to reach their merchant base.
· Identify and engage the appropriate teams to resolve any financial issues affecting the partner’s business with Amazon Pay.
· Serve as the primary relationship liaison for business, technical and high priority escalations.
· Ensure the establishment of effective risk management policies and processes to mitigate potential performance issues.
Communication & Reporting:
· Lead the development, updating and delivery of key partner account plans to senior management.
· Achieve immediate resolution of high priority issues through stakeholder teams and appropriate escalation.
· Drive content for internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and improvement opportunities through voice of the partner.
· Successfully prioritize the needs of partners and their merchants in a manner that balances partners’/merchants’ needs and internal priorities.
· Set up periodic, multi-level engagement with cross-functional stakeholders across the partners and their merchant base with the Amazon Pay organization to address business, operational and strategic priorities.
· Prepare and lead business reviews with the partner and Amazon senior management teams.
· Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.
· 10-12 years in sales, account management, ecommerce, payments and/or retail experience, directly or indirectly leading operational and project teams.
· Bachelor's degree required
· M.B.A. preferred
· 15+ years of work experience
· Success managing strategic partners, clients, accounts or dynamic account portfolios
· Effective in dealing with C-suite of large accounts
· History of effectively managing external customers and successfully working with internal teams to build new capability and implement projects
· Independence and flexibility in dealing with multiple complex issues
· Strategic thinking and team leadership
· Ability to execute on programs and projects with minimal resources
· Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Composed, poised and professional demeanor in all situations
· Tenacity to keep issues top of mind with relevant stakeholders.
· Conviction to make the right decisions
· Strong problem-solving and service orientation
· Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
· Proven track-record creating successful enterprise deals and in executing B2B sales contracts
· Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
· Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to impact and influence outcomes in matrixed environment
· Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated track history of working with nascent products/services in new markets
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Program management experience with good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Attention to detail, providing a high-level of detail in every action
· Self-directed, strong business acumen and analytical/forecasting skills
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.