At Amazon, our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, that redefine the boundaries of player experience and that change the way the world sees digital entertainment. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services, Twitch, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators. We believe in a future of immersive, highly engaging game experiences that will collectively cut across age, gender, and nationality. You share our belief and are among the top few technical elite in the world. Amazon Game Studios is looking to take risks and invent! We want people that are driven to make the best games in the industry.
Crucible is a competitive 3rd person PC shooter with a diverse roster of characters representing a broad range of play styles. Crucible features multiple game modes, enabling you to go it alone or join a team to achieve victory.
You are a full stack audio engineer with broad game development experience. You enjoy iterating with other engineers, artists, and game designers to break down technology barriers and deliver experiences that delight customers. You’re a natural problem solver with a passion for games and game audio. You’re the kind of person who drives projects to completion end-to-end, sometimes across multiple functions and groups.
· Be responsible for designing, developing and deploying major new game and audio features in complex, multithreaded, real-time environments. Ensure features are integrated cleanly with existing features and infrastructure.
· Collaborate directly with game and audio designers and deliver solutions that exceed their expectations.
· Push the boundaries of audio tools and technologies for video games.
· Solve difficult problems that are sometimes not well defined by writing a lot of elegant and practical code.
· Assist in developing project plans and commitments, then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of professional audio engineering experience in games, working on multi-discipline teams.
· At least 1 released AAA game titles on which you were a primary audio systems contributor.
· 1+ years experience in Audiokinetic Wwise.
· 1+ years experience coding in C++
· 10+ years of game development experience with 5 shipped AAA titles on both PC and console.
· At least 3 released AAA game titles on which you were a primary audio systems contributor.
· Experience modifying and integrating game engines and middleware.
· Experience developing components in at least three different game engines and targeting both PC and console.
· Facility with additional languages: C#, Java, scripting languages.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
· Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write high quality, maintainable, robust code in C++.
· Good communication skills: Able to communicate with audio designers effectively and work efficiently on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age