Do you thrive on the cutting edges of physics, computer science and business definition, and have a heart for customers? Amazon Web Services, the leader in Cloud Computing, is looking for a Senior Product Manager to define and drive its strategy for Quantum Computing. Our goal is to create the easiest way for customers to use Quantum Computing to achieve their goals.
You will drive Amazon’s Working Backward process to define the features our customers require, and then work with our engineers, vendors and partners to execute and deliver on these features.
This role requires an individual who can balance feedback from customers and partners with an understanding of what is possible today and might be possible in the future and then communicate it to our internal team. Your responsibilities will include engaging our customers directly to identify new capabilities, defining product features, and working closely with development and engineering teams inside and outside Amazon to get these features in the hands of customers.
Successful applications will have experience defining products, leading cross-functional teams, and communicating with a large number of stakeholders, including written and oral communications with senior executives.
On this team you will wear many hats, work smart, and iterate quickly. We’re looking for someone who can define a vision for a technical and business opportunity and then execute on that vision. Successful applicants will have a strong background in Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science including familiarity with Quantum Computers, an MBA or equivalent experience, and demonstrated ability to learn in both the technical and business spheres.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelors Degree
· Minimum of five years of product management experience
· Experience in using and/or delivering cloud services
· Demonstrated track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
· Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
· Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
· Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
· Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Masters in a technical field focusing on Quantum Computing
MBA or equivalent experience
Background in Quantum Physics, Engineering or Technology
Experience using programming tools for quantum computing
Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
Proven success managing technical products or online services, including proficiency with web services, online technology, and compute services
Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments
History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership