Digital Photography Review (DPReview.com) is seeking a talented, passionate, and creative Sr. UX Designer to help us design and build the future of the world's most popular digital camera website. You will leverage our unique position in the photography and publishing industries to constantly strive for smarter and better ways to deliver the content, services, and tools that have made our site such a success.
Your core focus will be to drive UX and design for the next generation of mobile experiences for DPReview.com. This includes new experiences for viewing and sharing photos, product comparison tools for photographic gear, and community and social features focused on photography enthusiasts.
The ideal candidate is comfortable thinking big, envisioning design solutions across multiple platforms, and diving deep to explore all possible paths in order to deliver engaging customer experiences. You repeatedly explore and translate ambiguous business requirements and design concepts into precise interactive and visual design specifications for development and implementation. You identify and define UI patterns and best-practice guidelines to help unify design projects and process throughout the company.
While a part of Amazon, DPReview has its own unique culture. It’s a startup-like environment backed by an industry leader. Engineers will partner with our product management and editorial teams to help shape products from concept to delivery.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a small, lean team that is looking to re-imagine our entire product experience, then this is it!
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
• Create user-centered designs that incorporate business requirements, market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
• Design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, user flows, and interaction specifications
• Present design work to product managers, engineers, editorial, and partner teams inside of Amazon
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
• Absolute minimum of 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, mobile/app/web designer, interaction designer, or similar role.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience.
• An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions across desktop and mobile devices (flows, prototypes, wireframes) AND solid visual designs (mockups and style guides)
• Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Proficiency in UX design and prototyping tools
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Proven track record presenting to and influencing people, from other designers to senior executive management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.