Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. Low cost. Instant Elasticity. Open & Flexible. Secure.
To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, the AWS Compensation team needs exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to execute and consult on compensation initiatives. If you have previous experience delivering engaging and impactful compensation programs supporting tech, science, sales, and engineering talent, we’d like to speak with you.
As a Compensation Consultant, you will be responsible for complex compensation analytical and consultation services to AWS and have the opportunity to work directly with the Compensation Team, HR Business Partners, and Management to achieve organizational objectives to attract, retain, and motivate talent.
Specific duties to include:
· Work with Compensation Director/Managers/Consultants on a variety of projects including program design, analysis and modeling, budgeting, implementation of new programs, and stock reload.
· Partner with regional compensation (globally) on compensation issues, and work on a variety of special compensation projects as needed.
· Own monthly processes related to stock reload, compensation adjustments, job evaluation, and recruiting team support.
· Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives.
· Effectively partner with HR and Business client to manage, consult, support the annual compensation review process, and resolve compensation issues.
· Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, and stock compensation.
· Partner with the business to develop variable incentive compensation programs, as needed.
· Consult with business on job evaluations using market data and internal evaluation.
· Conduct custom surveys with key industry contacts, as needed.
· Work with HRIS to ensure that the PeopleSoft system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect programmatic changes.
The position may also be responsible for supporting the strategy, design, policies, guidelines, and operationalization of a key concept critical to the foundation of a specific compensation program. Works to gain alignment with different constituencies and represents a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
The successful candidate will proactively partner with client-facing HR Business Partners to identify and address compensation issues, and evangelize Amazon’s Total Compensation Philosophy and Strategy to the clients supported. This position is expected to represent the client’s point-of-view in key corporate compensation initiatives and the corporate point-of-view with client groups. We are looking for candidates who have the aptitude to understand our complex data, and be detailed and accurate from start to finish in developing programs and completing projects.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required.
· General compensation knowledge required including compliance with the state and federal laws that apply to the plans.
· Highly proficient in Excel; familiar with Peoplesoft.
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in finance, compensation, sales operations/commissions, or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills for internal presentations that demonstrate business acumen.
· A graduate degree and/or CCP is preferred.
· Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing and auditing work.
· Highly detailed driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within the organization
· Strong problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
· The ideal candidate will be well organized and confident to work independently but will be a strong team player
· The ability to work independently, take on responsibility and be comfortable in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
· Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data.