Who are we?
Amazon Kitchen is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of our team in a food manufacturing environment, to make prepared food. We produce Amazon branded fresh food such as salads, sandwiches and fresh cut produce. Our facility is a state of the art manufacturing environment that places a high degree of focus on food safety and quality. We are a fast-paced team that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our stores and customers.
Who are you?
As a Food Production Lead, you will work in our food manufacturing facility to produce delicious, fresh-prepared packaged food items for customers across Amazon’s grocery businesses. You are able to be a vital part of the manufacturing team and take great pride in maintaining a safe & clean environment. You will oversee a production area in the High Care environment ensuring the employees in that area complete their tasks accurately and efficiently. The area you oversee could be either the Prep Room or the Assembly Room. You have the ability to provide support and assist with troubleshooting any issues. You will help audit employee proficiency in their work and ensure that all staff in your area are trained. You will have access to the production software system, and need to have a strong degree of comfort using computers, tablets and a variety of software. You have a nice balance between being able to see the big picture of the area you are overseeing, while also being able to deep dive and find the root cause of problems. You are always looking for ways to help and are happy to jump in to help associates with any task to get the job done. You have fantastic written and verbal communication and are great at handling sensitive employee issues with grace.
- Overseeing one of the high care areas (Prep Room or Assembly Room), leading staff through the daily operational tasks, reviewing the day’s priorities and assigning tasks to the team.
- Ensures all tasks in their area of purview are completed for the day and any shorts or issues are communicated through the proper channels.
- Monitoring KPIs- ensuring line has performance metrics daily including run and change over times
- Ensure team leaves for and returns from break together and escalate to managers any issues
- Provides daily coaching and hands on guidance for employees to ensure they complete tasks with accurate and efficiently.
- Collaborate with WIP, ICQA and label coordinator to ensure products are completed on time.
- Work as the Leader on Duty as needed
- Audit associates throughout the day to ensure they are following standard work.
- Ensure that physical and virtual inventory is matching and conduct random inventory audits of their area throughout the day.
- Maintain and monitor proper food safety at all times including: food storage, preparation, cooking temperatures, cooling, sanitation and provide coaching to any associates who are not meeting these standards.
- Audit for food quality control and guide team where changes are needed
- Possess and/or be able to obtain a Washington State Food Handlers permit.
- Must be able to stand on your feet during shifts lasting up to 10 hours
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for shifts lasting up to 10 hours, and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in a cold refrigerated environment of 37 degrees for 10 hour shifts (cold gear will be provided)
- Ability to work with or be exposed to a wide range of food products including but not limited to poultry, pork, beef, seafood, nuts, egg, dairy, soy, grains, bread, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 1+ year of leadership experience or 1+ year Amazon experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with using computers and technology
- Previous experience working food manufacturing
Why You'll Love Amazon
Our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
Medical Advice Line
Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
Maternity and Parental Leave
401(k) savings plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Holiday pay opportunities
Basic life insurance
Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
On-the-job training and skills development
Employee Assistance Program
College tuition reimbursement
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culture
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.