German Digital Customer Service Associate - Work From Home
Are you curious about new platforms and technologies and have a desire to deliver world-class customer service? Are you excited by the idea of owning a problem and innovating on behalf of customers? Can you deal with ambiguity and keep up with the pace of a company whose cycles are measured in weeks, not years?
Amazon introduced the first Kindle in 2007 — at that time, it offered 90,000 eBooks and sold out 5.5 hours after the announcement. Since then, we have expanded to become the best-selling e-reader family in the world. We have gone beyond Kindle with our powerhouse Fire tablets, built for work and play with our Fire operating system. For streaming media lovers, we have created Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Edition with voice search. Fire TV devices come with access to 500,000 movies, TV shows, and tens of thousands of channels, and apps. In 2014, we introduced Amazon Echo and Alexa, the voice service that powers Echo and other devices so customers can play music, control their smart homes, and get information, news, weather, and more using just their voice. Alexa is now integrated with over 20,000 third party devices from 3,500 brands. Alexa has 50,000 skills and developers in 180 countries. Want to know more, join our team!
The Device, Digital and Alexa support team’s vision is to create innovative support experiences for customers using Amazon’s next-generation Digital and Device products through intelligent self-service solutions and a world-class Tech Support organization. In line with our vision and customer expectations, our Technical Support Associates (TSAs) are technology experts and foster a culture of innovation and agility to raise the bar for technical support in an evolving environment of interconnected devices and services. If you enjoy sharing your technical knowledge, problem solving, are passionate about new technologies, this is the job for you!
We play a critical role in listening to customers and escalating pain points to enable Amazon to improve and deliver world-class technical support experiences – will you help us?
|Knowledge & Skills Required|
Customer Service Skills:
- Dedicated to problem resolution
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Be able to resolve a conflict
- Are patient and helpful
- Able to avoid jargon and explain complex concepts
- Are responsible in any given situation
- Able to collect data accurately to identify solutions
- Able to use multiple tools
- Use situational judgement to determine actions
- Have a detail-oriented working style
- Basic understanding of Device Platforms (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Gaming consoles, Streaming devices) and Digital Services (Videos, Music, Apps, Video Games, streaming content, Cloud Storage) and associated technical terminologies
- Ability to translate technical information / instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless trouble shooting
- Ability to problem solve
- Awareness of latest trends and developments in the technology industry
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge to new situations
- Be able to use judgement and common sense to answer customer questions
- Demonstrate willingness to share knowledge with team members and customers
- Consistently curious about technology
- German (B2) & English communication skills (written, comprehension and verbal)
- Ability and willingness to communicate with others
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Ability to use effective questions
- Ability to demonstrate active listening
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner
- Good comprehension skills – ability to clearly understand the issues customers experience
|Minimum Qualifications |
- Completed Grade 12 / NQF Level 4 / Matric/ Abitur or higher
- 12 months work experience (any environment)
- Internet requirements: Dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fiber (LTE lines are not eligible for this role)
- Equipment /hardware : Amazon will provide all required computer equipment with a headset that remains property of Amazon
- Home environment free from background noise where you can connect the equipment directly to the router/modem via Ethernet cable
- South African Citizen/Permanent Resident/Holder of legal right to work in South Africa
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.