EMA1, Kegworth - EMA2, Mansfield (Full Time),
Amazon needs help fulfilling supplies to local communities.
What's on offer?
Rate of pay: £9.70 per hour for day time shifts and afternoon shift 13.30-00:00.
An additional £1.71 per hour for night time shifts (if there's night shift available). Overtime between £14.55 (for hours worked between 40-50 hours) and £19.40 per hour (for hours worked between 50-60 hours).
Shifts: A range of Day, Nights, Afternoon, Full-Time and Weekend Shifts. Shifts vary by location and are subject to availability.
Contract type: Temporary Fixed Term Contract for 12 weeks with possibility of extension for the right Candidates.
Locations: Multiple job opportunities are available:
- Kegworth – EMA1, Unit 1, Wilders Way, Kegworth, Derby, DE74 2BB
- Mansfield - EMA2 Summit Park, Sherwood Way South, Mansfield, Sutton-in-Ashfield, NG17 5LD
- Position Summary:
Working as a fulfilment associate, you will provide critical support in helping us deliver to local communities and our loyal customers.
You will be trained in a range of processes in an exciting, busy atmosphere whilst working to specific deadlines.
As an FC Associate you may be asked to work in various areas of the building, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound. Tasks may include:
- Handling the full range of goods by Amazon and its Marketplace sellers in the UK, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals
- Efficiently and effectively receiving and storing goods inwards following Amazon's internal processes and procedures and using radio frequency scanners
- Pick our customer orders ensuring a high level of quality and productivity
- Accurately pack and ship our customer orders to ensure we meet customers' high expectations
- Accurately read instructions from a scanner
- Relocate products using forklifts, pump truck and power pallet truck
- Consistently achieve targets set for your department
Why work for Amazon?
- Join one of the world's best employers! https://blog.aboutamazon.eu/amazon-ranks-2-on-forbes-worlds-best-employers-list
- Boost your career by working for a logistics company with 20+ years of operational expertise and technology advancements, where the future of logistics is becoming reality
- Our top concern especially during COVID-19 is to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers. Amazon has taken measures to conduct all interviews by phone, we have strict social distancing in the workplace and enhanced and frequent cleaning, to name just a few
- No qualifications or previous work experience necessary, full logistics training will be provided
- Watch what it’s like to be a Fulfillment Associate within an Amazon Fulfillment Centre: https://youtu.be/e3QgE4Vs5Cs
Key Skills and Experience:
- Good team player
- Excellent Communication
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Can follow written instructions
The role involves the following physical demands on a daily basis:
• Standing and/or walking for long periods of between 8 and 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Lifting and moving products up to 23kg in weight
• Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 8 to 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Pushing and pulling product up to 23kg in weight for 8 to 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
• Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of between 9 to 12 meters (equivalent to a 3 or 4 storey building)
• Regularly climbing and descending four flights of stairs safely
Find out more about what it’s like to be an Amazon Fulfillment Associate and the processes within our European Fulfillment Centres - https://youtu.be/itfTPs52nEM
If you have a disability and consider that you may require an adjustment to Amazon's recruitment process, please contact us to discuss on 0808 164 9427 or by email at email@example.com