Amazon Web Services - Returners Program
28 open jobs
Returning to work? Come and build the future of cloud computing with AWS
Are you looking to return to full time employment after taking a career break? Are you someone who embraces change, ready to embark on your next challenge?
The AWS Returners Program is designed to support individuals like you with a seamless transition back into a permanent position, providing you with all the skills and knowledge needed for success.
This kind of program isn’t exactly commonplace in the working world, but at Amazon Web Services (AWS), we don't mind being called "peculiar". We have our own way of doing things. We focus on removing obstacles so that builders can build.
What does the AWS Returners Program Offer?
AWS helps over a million customers in 190 countries leverage the power of cloud computing. Being a global company isn’t just about worldwide availability or working with international customers; we also see the value in building global teams. Here are some of the benefits that you’ll get from joining us on our program:
- A global environment – An opportunity for you to work with the world’s leading cloud technology, and with talented people from every corner of the globe.
- A full-time career – AWS is committed to hiring Returners into long-term, full time roles. This is not a short-term internship but a position that allows you to pick up your career and build a future with us.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is key in maintaining work-life harmony. While your role is full time, your manager will work with you to establish the best and most productive use of your time.
- Returners support framework – We understand that coming back to work after an extended break comes with challenges. The Returners Program will provide you with robust onboarding and coaching sessions in your first 6 months. You will also be partnered with a peer coach who is a subject matter expert, who can help ease your transition back into work. Your manager will guide you through your development and provide the necessary functional training to bring your skills up to speed.
- Great benefits – The perks of being an Amazon employee don't stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. Amazon’s benefits support the needs of our diverse workforce and their family members, no matter what stage they are at in their life or career. See more here.
Learn more about AWS and the great work we do by visiting aws.amazon.com.
What are we looking for?
If you have been out of the workforce for longer than two years, and want to restart your career, the AWS Returners Program could be for you.
As a Returner:
- You will bring your voice. At AWS we value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully.
- You will accelerate your growth. The scope and scale of what we do for our customers drive us to experiment with new possibilities, take risks and learn quickly.
- You will chart your own path. The possibilities you explore, the opportunities you take advantage of, and the impact you have is driven by your ideas and initiative.
- You will embrace the challenge. At AWS building the future is inspiring and fun and we embrace the challenge that comes with inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible.
- You will use our Leadership Principles every day. Whether discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem our Leadership Principles is just one of the things that makes Amazon peculiar. Learn more about our Leadership principles here.
What roles are available?
We launched our first 2019 roles in Dublin in the Premium Support Team to start in May 2019, and in February we launched a variety of roles in AWS Sales and Marketing across our London and EU offices. Please find below the open roles.
How do I apply?
Browse the available roles below and apply to those roles you are interested in pursuing. You can apply to more than one role.
Get to Know AWS
What Is It Like to Work at AWS? We Asked the Experts.
Kids of AWS employees give their perspective on their parents' jobs and their own career aspirations.
AWS EMEA - Find out What It's Really Like to Work at AWS
Hear what it's like from our employees to work at AWS.
How to Prepare for an Interview at AWS
Learn how to get prepared for an interview at AWS.