This position is based in Luxembourg and comes with relocation support.
Amazon is hiring an experienced, innovative, passionate and customer-obsessed Software Development Engineer for the Sort Center HR Technology Integration team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and driven to deliver best-in-class software solutions for Amazon's operators and customers.
You will create the next generation of Sort Center technology using the latest and best-in class technologies. You will have a chance to drive solutions from conceptualization to rollout across the vast network of buildings in the EU. By virtue of interaction with cross-functional software and hardware systems and teas, this role provides an incredible opportunity to learn about complex system interactions, challenging technical problems, and the plethora of resources, infrastructure and technologies available within Amazon. The role provides a unique opportunity to work closely with end-users and leveraging technology to drive change by delivering innovative products and tools.
· Identifying problem areas where technology can be used as an enabler for change · Using industry best practices and design principles to architect and design stable, customer-centric solutions
· Defining the scope of software solutions and working with operations leaders and teams to create innovative products
· Thinking long-term to create products and tools of the future that can scale with a large number of buildings and users
· Insisting on high standards in design, development and deployment
· A Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required.
· 7+ years of programming experience in Java/Ruby/Python/C++, or other object-oriented languages.
· Strong computer science and software development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Experience of driving the architecture, engineering and software design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications or services.
· Experience in big data software systems (Hadoop/Spark/R/Streaming Analytics, etc.).
· Experience building and operating highly scalable and available services.
· Experience in real-time analytical systems and machine learning.
· Experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
· Balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
· Constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.
· Visionary leader, builder and operator.