We’re a looking for a Senior Software Development Manager to help start a new initiative with expertise and passion in solving hard engineering problems. This is an opportunity to lead a world class team and help Amazon to build a new service that will set the standard for for the industry.
Amazon is seeking a seasoned engineering manager with experience in Internet-scale distributed systems and a focus on customers, engineering, and operational excellence. You will lead and grow an engineering team that is responsible for design, development, and operations. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and who has a track record of building strong teams that deliver results. The Amazon Consumer business requires creative engineering and a strong customer focus, and you will work with your team and senior leadership to develop and launch high quality services.
· Bring a deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software on time
· Be a strong leader, mentor, recruiter, and people manager
· Experience with large scale distributed systems
· Fluency in C, C++ or Java
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· Experience building and operating highly available services
· 10+ years’ experience developing software
· Minimum of 5 years of experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architectural or distributed systems exp
· PhD degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· ML experience
· Prior experience with machine learning algorithms
· Experience working in Linux based environments
· Familiarity with big data tools and technologies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.