The Alexa International team in Milan is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect who will help mold the future of Alexa, speech recognition, and cloud-based content and services.
In this role, you will be working with top-tier companies & developers across Italy and Europe to help create incredible experiences that will delight customers using the Alexa platform on a variety of Amazon products.
As a Solutions Architect in Alexa, you will perform three main functions — (1) provide technical expertise to skill developers, (2) convey best practices to build skills rapidly and at scale, and (3) work with Alexa product teams to build the best features for developers and customers.
You will be the “face of Amazon” with key developers and drive discussions with senior technical and business leaders. You will also be willing to get your hands dirty and build tools or prototypes to demonstrate concepts that will enable developers to build skills rapidly and delight our customers. And, with a unique blend of business and technical skills, you will influence Alexa product and service teams to create the best experience for our customers.
· Proven track record of experience in the design, coding and implementation of complex IT systems and/or mobile applications
· Experience in a customer-facing, technical sales or pre-sales role such as Consultant, Solutions Engineer, Solutions Architect, Technical Program Manager, Product Manager, Technical Pre-Sales Engineer
· Experience with cloud-based architecture and software deployment, preferably with AWS
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills both with technical and non-technical audiences
· Deep and broad technical knowledge with the ability to interface between business and technology
· A technical degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline
· Strong English language communication skills, Italian language fluency
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization