The Amazon Web Services’ Technology, Sourcing and Infrastructure team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Technical Business Developer (BD) to support multiple Amazon business units with respect to their telecommunication connectivity (infrastructure) needs. You will be part of the Strategic IP Services (SIPS) team with primary focus on EMEA based customers from Amazon Corporate, Customer Service, and Subsidiaries, to name a few. These customers rely on SIPS to design and optimize IP-based network connectivity through sourcing, negotiations, and managing their most critical telecom vendor relationships. Due to the dynamic nature of business, the successful candidate will be flexible and responsive to an ever changing environment. One day you could be discussing how to optimizing connectivity in South Africa for corporate offices and the next you might be talking to Twitch about adding new capacity in Europe or supporting a peer for a solution in Australia…every day is Day 1. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CXO/VP level, as well as a technical telecom background that enables them to easily interact with data center and Network Engineers. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the capability to build and convey compelling value propositions. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to negotiate multimillion-dollar regional infrastructure contracts, from both a business and technical perspective.
We combine the knowledge and leverage of the larger Infrastructure team with the domain expertise of the SIPS team to provide unmatched support. As our business continues to expand and needs continually change, it is our responsibility to provide the capacity required to provide a high quality and reliable experience while driving down costs. We find innovative ways to scale as we grow, while driving complex issues to resolution on time. The Sr Tech BD will play a pivotal role in planning, designing, and executing on our targets, while meeting our relentlessly high bar for infrastructure design and cost standards, all while holding telecom vendors accountable. This individual will be responsible for regional topology designs, capacity planning, office/campus connectivity solutions, and working with internal teams to understand and translate their use cases and requirements. You must be have a proactive approach to our circuit commodity. Waiting for stakeholders to provide requirements is too late. Being able to predict outcomes based on holistic understanding of your regional assets is a critical component. We will look to you to provide solutions not directly asked for, but driven by anticipated needs. You will be customer-centric and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment, with great communication collaboration across teams, organizations and time zones.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Serve as a key member of the SIPS team in helping to drive overall network optimization and cost reduction for our internal customers.
· Design connectivity solutions and negotiate key contracts with new and existing vendors across the globe.
· Perform financial analysis on business deals.
· Lead fiber diversity and network topology planning for our stakeholders’ networks.
· Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across Amazon, including, network deployment, global expansion, services product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
· Work with peers to ensure that their acquisitions contemplate current and future business needs.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, identify defects, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
This position can be based at any Amazon location within the EMEA Region.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· A Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience is required.
· 5+ Years working with transport, IP and telephony technologies with deep understand of the following products (Fiber, MPLS, EPL, EVPL, DIA).
· 5+ Years providing consultative services to customers including needs assessment, solution design, and implementation.
. Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to effectively work with diverse customers and audiences, across multiple disciplines.
· Demonstrate significant acumen and technical knowledge specific to telecommunications.
· Negotiate key contracts from a business and technical perspective.
· Perform financial analysis on business deals.
· Undertake fiber diversity and network topology planning for our internal customers.
· Willing to travel up to 30%.
· 5+ years’ experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management.
· Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results.
· Understanding of optical and DWDM systems.
· Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands to deliver for the customers in a specific time window.
· Ability to create complex financial models to understand business impacts of various network solutions is required.
· Ability to anticipate customer requirements and build strategic plans that are operationally viable.
· Experience working in an IP network planning or implementation role at an ISP, telecoms operator, or CDN.
· Background in high availability backbone design and architecture.
· Understanding of POP and MPLS traffic engineering and use of network capacity modeling tools.