Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, our multiplayer shooter Crucible, and our newly announced The Lord of the Rings MMO.
Amazon Games is also delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Twitch Prime, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
We believe games are about community. Today, the communities that started in arcades, a quarter at a time, have evolved into Twitch streams with millions of viewers, and friendships first formed in-game that extend across continents. In this role, you’ll dive deep into understanding the needs and motivations of our gaming communities and help create new experiences that delight them.
Amazon Game Studios (AGS) is looking for a Market Research Manager with a passion for games to lead quantitative and qualitative market research for Amazon’s growing portfolio of original AAA games. This role will be responsible for providing information and insights about our gaming communities, game market segments, and related entertainment trends.
We are looking for a proactive, strategic thinker who understands market research methods, has proven experience and success managing small and large-scale market research projects and can distill research findings into clear and actionable narratives informing business decisions and inspiring action.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the gaming landscape, technology, and consumer behavioral trends, and experience conducting research throughout a game’s development and post-launch life-cycle. You will work closely with marketing, community and product development teams and should be comfortable handling inputs from multiple stakeholders. The position requires both domestic and international travel.
· Lead qualitative and quantitative research projects that create strategic insights and drive business outcomes.
· Manage vendor and internal partner relationships to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
· Communicate insights about our gamer communities of players, viewers and broadcasters to inspire action in product design, marketing communication and publishing strategy.
· Manage syndicated data sources and the creation of market segment reports.
· Track and communicate changes in aided awareness for our games and the related impact of marketing initiatives on our brands.
· Combine multiple sources of research data into compelling and actionable written reports.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, including segmentation, attitude and usage studies, positioning research, concept testing, ad testing, playtesting and user research protocols.
· Experience defining the scope and issues for research and analytic initiatives, developing and executing project plans and managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
· The ability to use insights from various pieces of consumer research and weave them together into compelling written narratives.
· Deep knowledge in the gaming space and understanding of entertainment trends.
· Relationship-builder, advocating for consumer insights throughout the company.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years in consumer insights, market research or related positions
· 5+ years as lead author on research reports and debriefs
· 3+ years managing research vendors on international research projects
· Ability to travel
· MBA/MA in Economics, Psychology or equivalent industry experience.
· 7+ years proven experience conducting research impacting game design and game marketing.
· Expert in statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableu)
· Deep understanding of game genres, features, monetization and product life-cycles.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age