Head of Live Services, Amazon Game Studios
Amazon Game Studios is seeking a Head of Live Services to lead live service publishing operations for our portfolio of games. In this role, you will develop and drive execution of a publishing services strategy with an initial focus on analytics, live service operations, and customer service. You will identify gaps in our publishing operations, recommend initiatives to improve them, and lead implementation of technology solutions and mechanisms. You will work closely with Amazon’s customer support group and Amazon Game Studios’ game development and publishing teams to build and manage live support functions, ensure the smooth running of our games, and respond quickly to player needs. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with Amazon customer support, game producers, marketing, and executives.
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. We believe games are about community. Today, the communities that started in arcades, a quarter at a time, have evolved into Twitch streams with millions of viewers, and friendships first formed in-game that extend across continents. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, our multiplayer shooter Crucible, and our newly announced The Lord of the Rings MMO.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· 8+ years of experience in operations management
· 5+ years of experience running a global PC game
· 5+ years of experience managing within a multi-game, 24/7, live service environment
· Experience running global cross-platform titles
· Experience setting up and leading support operations especially customer support and live support
· Experience developing technology and mechanisms for supporting live games such as service health dashboards, run-books, and escalation processes
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially within technical space
· Global experience
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.