Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, our multiplayer shooter Crucible, and our newly announced The Lord of the Rings MMO. Amazon Games is also delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Twitch Prime, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
We believe games are about community. Today, the communities that started in arcades, a quarter at a time, have evolved into Twitch streams with millions of viewers, and friendships first formed in-game that extend across continents. In this role, you’ll dive deep into the gaming community and help create new experiences and opportunities for connection.
We are looking for a seasoned Software Development Engineer, Infrastructure with a strong track record of building and operating large scale services. As an engineer in an advanced technology group, you will be a creative problem solver who is obsessed with building revolutionary AWS services from the ground up and delivering the best customer experience. This is an infrastructure development position where you will own the architecture and operation of critical infrastructure for our live service, including how to optimize and automate in order to streamline deployments and minimize operational overhead. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software at scale and excel at communication, leadership, and customer focus. If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
Please note: This role could sit in either the San Francisco Bay Area or Seattle.
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
· 5+ years of Java and/or C/C++ coding
· Experience with AWS Cloud Services such as DynamoDB, Aurora, or Cognito
· Experience with infrastructure and running live services in AWS
· Familiarity with Amazon Infrastructure
· Large-scale engineering experience
· Experience of building and operating extremely high volume and highly scalable online services
· Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
· Game industry experience working on large-scale, commercial online game services
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.