Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, our multiplayer shooter Crucible, and our newly announced The Lord of the Rings MMO. Amazon Games is also delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Twitch Prime, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
We believe games are about community. Today, the communities that started in arcades, a quarter at a time, have evolved into Twitch streams with millions of viewers, and friendships first formed in-game that extend across continents. In this role, you’ll dive deep into the gaming community and help create new experiences and opportunities for connection. As a dependable member of a large production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen.
This role is contributing directly to one of the most ambitious games in the industry. New World is a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent during the 17th Century. In New World, players take on the role of settlers, crafting gear they need to survive in a lawless and haunted land of opportunity. As they gain in strength and coordination, players battle to explore, claim and conquer a savage wilderness, and the hordes of other players seeking to do the same.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be on the game development team and collaborate with engineers, designers, artists and more to achieve the project’s goals. This role is within our gameplay team focused on AI and combat systems while having other responsibilities too. You will manage a team of software engineers responsible for delivering game systems and workflows as defined by the team. In addition to delivering high quality game systems and workflows, a Software Development Manager is also responsible to achieve the performance and scale goals for a MMO while facilitating the testing required to deliver a high quality result.
· Enable a team of developers to build great gameplay on a massive scale.
· Manage a team of engineers helping them grow their skills and advance their careers.
· Solve novel, ambiguously defined, difficult problems.
· Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining advanced online multiplayer related gaming technology.
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed technology that delight our artists.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
· 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
· 8+ years of Game industry experience working on PC games.
· Experience with network performance profiling and optimization
· Deep knowledge of asset pipeline and runtime representation
· Game engine development experience.
· Comprehensive video game engineering skills including spatial reasoning, networking and pragmatic optimization.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age