Amazon Game Studios (Seattle) is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Senior Release Manager. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Crucible Production team and Franchise Lead to build and support a high functioning AAA development team. As the ideal candidate you should be able to run operations for a live service game, including running daily release checkpoints, communicating status of the current and upcoming live releases to the team, coordinate with our live operations engineers on establishing dashboards around our game's health, and track down build blocking issues that would prevent a new release from going out the door.
At Amazon our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, redefine the boundaries of player experience, and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Join us and you’ll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to help shape the future of games. We believe in creating immersive, highly-engaging game experiences that cut across age, gender, and nationality. As a passionate member of the world’s technical elite, you share our belief in making the best games in the industry.
· 5+ years working as a Producer or Release Manager on a live services title.
· Shipped 1+ large-scale live service title
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· Understands how to run meetings and mechanisms associated with shipping new releases to live customers on a regular basis.
· Strong understanding of software development processes and product management methodologies.
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Independently self-motivated, team player.
· Provide samples of project planning, scheduling and other PM work.
· Proven experience working on 2+ live service games as a producer or release manager.
· Understanding of live services and the complexities of running a live product.
· Passion and broad knowledge of project management and product process.
· Experience in all development practices such as Waterfall, Scrum/Agile, Kanban, etc.
· Experience working with partner teams including Community, Marketing, QA, Localization, and Customer Service.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.