Amazon Fashion is a fast moving innovative team that is revolutionizing the future of online Fashion retail to become each customer’s most loved fashion destination. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about big data and data warehouse technologies (Redshift, EMR, Spark), visualization (Tableau, Amazon QuickSight) and statistical modelling/ML. This role will design, execute, and iterate on reporting directly visible to Senior Leadership in EU Amazon Fashion. Beyond reporting, the role will lead strategic deep dives and build algorithmic solutions that drive discoveries in search, marketing, and pricing to surprise and delight Fashion customers at every turn.
The ideal candidate has a strong track record and end-to-end ownership of the full stack of data analysis (data engineering, ETL, data modelling, and data visualization), with a high fluency in SQL and Python/R. You should also thrive on independence and be relentless in finding automated solutions and eliminating manual solutions.
· Own Reporting/BI roadmap by working with business leaders on strategically prioritizing numerous requests and long-term adoption of new technologies
· Develop performance dashboards with key metrics for review with senior leadership and business teams
· Empower non-technical, internal customers to self-sufficiency in analytics and reporting via business intelligence and visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Amazon Quicksight, etc.).
· Create data pipelines from a data lake to various reporting, visualization, and modelling tools
· Use statistical and Machine Learning techniques for strategic deep dives and generate actions, as well as communicating in front of senior leadership.
For this position we expect:
· BS in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
· Multiple years of relevant work experience in BI, Analytics, or Data Science fields or comparable fields
· Proven SQL/Python skills in data transformation, analysis, and optimization
· Excellent communication written and verbal communication skills, especially in regards to quantitative topics discussed with non-technical colleagues
· Ability to influence multiple stakeholders to align roadmap and priorities
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· MS or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
· Broad experience in big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
· Familiarity with AWS services such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Athena, etc.
· History of applying statistical or machine learning models to business problems
· Familiarity with fashion world and seasonal online retail
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.