Data Center Technicians are Amazon’s front line in AWS regions when it comes to handling the entire life cycle of a rack. This includes all tasks associated with planning and tracking capacity, rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware and software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
Our technicians have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate a breadth of knowledge while they:
*Take ownership of technical issues, engaging other teams when needed to drive resolution
*Perform physical replacement of server and network device parts
* act as an escalation point and technical troubleshooter for all Systems and Network hardware problems
*Show a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
*Solve problems at their root and step back to understand the broader context
*Maintain service level agreements through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting
*Are biased to act in the absence of direction or support
* Ensuring organizational capability to react & respond appropriately to any potential customer-impacting event on any server or network component
*Improve effectiveness through process innovation
Shift work is required. Local travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
A valid driver license is required as the Data Centers may not have any public transportation available nearby.
· Solid Understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
· Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience
· Server Booting: POST, BIOS, PXE, Kickstart, GRUB/LILO, RAID
· Some Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
· Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fiber Cabling, Switches, Routers
· Strong Communication Skills
· Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware!
* This role involves covering 24x7 shift rotation
· Remote Access: Console routers, IPMI, BMC
· Network Equipment Installation and Configuration
· Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JunOS
· Redundancy: Power feeds, ATS, Server Hardware, RAID, Network Connectivity
· Data Center Operations: Inventory Management, Hot/Cold Aisles, Security
· Experience with Excel and the ability to manipulate data and create necessary charts and diagrams
· Participated in Project Management
· Scripting: Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby (or programming languages)