Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? If so, the EU AMXL Supply Chain and Operations team is looking for an experienced Program Manager Production Planning and Execution to join the team and play a role in the overall growth and capacity planning for the EU AMXL Network.
Amazon Extra Large (AMXL), formerly known as Special Handling, obsesses over customers by offering a white glove service where we deliver TVs and other large items like furniture in customers’ homes. Not only do we deliver large parcels, we unpack, assemble, install and sometimes even do tests, hauling away old items as needed. As we head into Peak, we continue to build our special handling fulfillment, delivery and services network and will add more fulfillment centers and delivery stations across EU. We are currently in the process of building out a network that is poised for big growth in the coming years. Check out a recent story that showcases what makes AMXL so unique.
Role: Graduate Logistics Program Manager
The role of Graduate Logistics Program Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on bottom line performance within the 3PL. You will report to the regional 3PL Operations Manager and you will be directly responsible for a team of leads and their direct reports. As well as motivating them to do their best, it will be down to you to plan and resource everything effectively to handle the peak season
As Graduate Logistics Program Manager (AMXL) you are the interface between the DE&UK Retail & Reverse Logistics teams and the external / internal ones Logistics partners and thus an important part of the EU Suppy Chain / Contract Logistics Team.
· Responsible for the operational returns logistics, the control and administration of quality, costs and capacity of the external logistics service providers (3PL).
· Independent implementation of the planned quality strategy using the underlying processing standards and continuous extension and improvement of the same.
· Cooperation and management of projects for the DE&UK Supply Chain / Contract Logistics Organization and the European Reverse Logistics Organization, to support and further develop the business.
· Process improvement and cost optimization in cooperation with the SEU management of supply chain, retail, customer service, transportation and operative logistics.
· Support and cooperation in contract negotiations and their implementation at external logistics service providers.
· Prioritization of projects and measures of capital recovery and quality improvement as well as evaluation and management of expectations of internal partners.
Effective collaboration with Amazon Retail and Supply Chain / Contract Logistics teams to ensure smooth and efficient processes
QUALIFICATIONS DE BASE
·Working towards or recently obtained a degree in logistics, business administration, or in a related field
· Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Knowledge of two or more production or supply chain areas, with a passion for logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment.
· Have a sincere bias for action and be passionate about achieving results and driving production through efficiency and process improvement.
· Possess the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and analyze data. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical capability.
· Solution-oriented approach for systems and processes.
· Experienced in IT (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word)
· Willing to relocate if necessary
· Fluent in English and German
· Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
. Knowledge in French/Italian/Spanish will be an advantage
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.