Are you a Masters student interested in machine learning? We are looking for skilled scientists capable of putting Machine Learning theory into practice through experimentation and invention, leveraging machine learning techniques (such as random forest, Bayesian networks, ensemble learning, clustering, etc.), and implementing learning systems to work on massive datasets in an effort to tackle never-before-solved problems.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. As an Applied Science Intern, you will own the design and development of end-to-end systems. You’ll have the opportunity to create technical roadmaps, and drive production level projects that will support Amazon Science. You will work closely with Amazon scientists, and other science interns to develop solutions and deploy them into production. The ideal scientist must have the ability to work with diverse groups of people and cross-functional teams to solve complex business problems.
Amazon Science gives insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists use our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
For more information on the Amazon Science community please visit https://www.amazon.science.
QUALIFICATIONS DE BASE
* Enrolled in a Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science, machine learning, engineering, or related fields.
* Experience in designing experiments and statistical analysis of results.
* Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
* Experience with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting language.
* Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree in computer science, machine learning, engineering, or related fields.
* Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
* Publication(s) at peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
* Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
Amazon has positions available for Machine Learning intern positions in multiple locations across Canada.
Amazon s’engage à créer un milieu de travail diversifié et inclusif. Amazon est un employeur qui offre à tous les mêmes opportunités et ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race, l’origine nationale, le sexe, l’identité sexuelle, l’orientation sexuelle, le statut d’ancien combattant protégé, le handicap, l’âge ou autres statuts protégés par la loi. Les personnes handicapées qui souhaitent présenter une demande d’accommodement, sont invitées à aviser leur recruteur.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, notify your Recruiter.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.