Customer CEO: “Alexa,who can I trust to create a superior customer experience that will resonate with my internal software development community, looking to adopt cloud and accelerate their time-to-value, as well as my external customers who expect a personalized interaction with my company?”
Alexa: “Product Management Consultants, within AWS Professional Services, will help your IT and business organizations re-envision the capabilities they provide as digital products and ensure they are continuously improved by small, cross-functional teams to meet and exceed their customers’ expectations.”
Do you come from a strong product and technical background, with experience launching medium to large digital products or features? Have you helped large (Global 2000, or comparable) enterprises reinvent themselves to create digital products, channels, and experiences? Are you excited by business and IT capability models and domain driven design?
We are searching for transformative product leaders to join the AWS Professional Services’ “People & Product Operating Models” practice to help our customers realize the true potential of the Cloud through a product-based operating model. Migrating to the cloud is just the first step of the journey. Achieving ongoing value from a cloud transformation is contingent on re-envisioning business applications and IT shared-services landscapes as products. In this role you will help customers learn how to continuously iterate and improve the value of their products going forward by incorporating real customer feedback and insights. In addition, you’ll help develop the content, assets, and methodologies that we use to engage and transform our customers, also managed and delivered as “products”.
This shift, “from project to product”, is part of a larger transformation journey that we are in a unique position to lead , leveraging our experiences in operating this way across our businesses over several years. For IT shared-services departments, this means helping create products that help business and software development teams adopt AWS services quickly and sustainably. For software development teams and the business, this means helping to develop and improve the digital products that engage their end customers. Through deep professional services engagements, the ProServe People & Product Operating Model practice helps customers define their path to a “product-based operating model”, including defining requirements and changes to their existing products/capabilities, processes, and people/workforce. We mentor and facilitate the execution and comprehensive organizational change management for the customer, working with their leaders and teams to ensure that these transitions are successful and sustained after we leave.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
· Integrating Amazon and industry best-practices for new product ideation and development into customer-facing product management consulting offerings
· Developing a methodology and assets to help AWS customers re-envision their existing technology portfolios as products through the creation of domain driven “product taxonomies”
· Developing product management methodologies and frameworks to be leveraged by both IT and the Business to continuously improve their products to better serve the needs of their internal and external customers
· Partnering with Operating Model and Organizational Change Management SMEs within our practice to create an integrated approach to transitioning to a “product-based operating model” on AWS
· Partnering with other ProServe Global Specialty Practices to integrate their packaged offerings with our product management methodology
· Ensuring ProServe consultants, and internal/external partners are trained and enabled on our product management methodology
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS DE BASE
· 10+ years of digital Product Management experience
· Experience managing executive level relationships with key senior business stakeholders
· Deep expertise in one or more of the following: Lean Startup/Enterprise Methodology, User Experience, Product Management, and Agile methodologies.
· Ability to coach and develop product management best-practices and competencies in individuals and teams
· Experience managing product efforts in distributed systems environment and/or developing large scale web applications
· Experience in Business Capability Modeling and Domain Driven Design
· Working knowledge of current web technologies
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
· Proven experience taking a digital product or feature from an initial idea to launch
· Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions
· Previous experience building products that leverage cloud-based services
· Hands on experience leading large-scale digital or lean transformation projects
· Implementing large-scale enterprise IT change management programs
· Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructure services
· MBA or equivalent
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally to major customer markets: Americas, EMEA, APJC, and ANZ (up to 80%)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age