- Examiner le statut des candidatures
- Culture d’entreprise et avantages chez Amazon
- Types de poste
Policy for Protection of Personal Information
Amazon Japan Godo Kaisha (the “Company") hereby establishes this "Policy for Protection of Personal Information regarding Employment Management", keeping in mind that it is our corporate social duty to make efforts to ensure the safe and proper handling of personal information in employment management (including “kojin bango” (individual numbers) and other “tokutei kojin joho” (specific personal information); hereinafter "Personal Information etc.").
Article 1 Basic Policy
1. Compliance with Applicable Laws, Regulations and Guidelines etc.
In handling Personal Information etc., the Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003; hereinafter the "Personal Information Protection Act"), as well as laws and regulations applicable to Personal Information etc., guidelines established by the Personal Information Protection Commission, and other rules and regulations.
2. Security Control Measures
The Company will take security control measures for Personal Information etc. such as establishing internal systems and developing internal rules necessary for preventing the leakage, loss or destruction of Personal Information etc. in its employment management, as well as other organizational, human, physical and technological countermeasures etc.
3. Contact for Inquiries and Complaints
The Company has the following contact point for inquiries or complaints concerning the handling of Personal Information etc. in employment management, and will respond appropriately, faithfully and expeditiously to the same:
Amazon Japan Godo Kaisha
HR Services Department
Operating Hours: 10:00 - 17:00 on weekdays (excluding lunch breaks)
Article 2 Collection of Personal Information etc.
1. The Company will never collect Personal Information etc. through unlawful means.
2. The Company will never obtain any "information requiring special care" as defined under the Personal Information Protection Act, such as an individual's race, creed, social status, etc., unless otherwise permitted by the Act, without the prior consent of such individual.
3. If the Company directly obtains from an individual such "information requiring special care" verbally, in writing or otherwise in a proper manner, by providing such information, said individual shall be deemed to have consented to the acquisition of such information by the Company
Article 3 Purpose of Use of Personal Information etc.
1. Personal Information of Applicants for Employment
(1) The Company will use the personal information of an applicant for employment among Personal Information etc. regarding employment management for the purposes of: (i) determining whether or not to hire said applicant; (ii) reviewing employment terms if said applicant is hired; (iii) sending an offer or otherwise communicate with said applicant; and (iv) proving (upon request) information regarding the recruiting of staff by the Company and any Amazon Group Company(ies) (as defined under Article 4). As stated below, the Company is one of the Amazon Group Companies globally developing their businesses, and the employment management including employment of staff is globally undertaken among the Amazon Group Companies. Therefore, Personal Information etc. of applicants for employment may be jointly used among the Amazon Group Companies.
(2) Resumes and other application documents submitted by applicants for employment are, in principle, not returned.
(3) When an applicant is hired and becomes an employee of the Company, his/her Personal Information etc. will be used in accordance with the purpose of use of Personal Information etc. of the Company's employees as set forth under Paragraph 2 below.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information etc. (other than Specific Personal Information) of the Company's Employees
(1) Any personal information of the Company's employees (whether or not regular employees) regarding employment management will be used for the following purposes. As stated below, the Company is one of the Amazon Group Companies globally developing their businesses, and its personnel appraisal, personnel changes and other employment management is globally undertaken among the Amazon Group Companies. Therefore, Personal Information etc. of employees may be jointly used among the Amazon Group Companies.
(i) Personnel appraisal;
(ii) Personnel changes (including transfers), advancements, promotions/demotions, increases/decreases in salary;
(iii) Individual communications;
(iv) Contact with a family member in an emergency;
(v) Determination and payment of salary, bonuses, remuneration (stock-related compensation), payment procedures for the foregoing, preparation of pay statements, year-end adjustments and other accounting;
(vi) Pensions, insurance, accident compensation, knowing health status, and other welfare benefits;
(vii) Training and education;
(viii) Investigation of any incident, accident, violation of law, breach of contract or misconduct etc. relating to the Company or its group; and
(ix) Any other purpose reasonably necessary for employment management (including enforcement of the Company's rules), and compliance with the law.
(2) For Personal Information etc. of employees retired from the Company, once the purpose of use for that information has been attained, such portion that has been used shall be returned, destroyed, deleted or otherwise appropriately disposed of by safe methods, unless otherwise the same is required by law to be retained.
3. Specific Personal Information of the Company's Employees
(1) The Company is entitled to request the submission of the following information and documents by its employees for processing personal number use or personal number related affairs, in which case employees shall submit such information and documents to the Company by the date and in a manner designated by the Company:
(i) Personal numbers of the employee and his/her spouse and dependent family members etc.; and
(ii) Documents or copies thereof as designated by the Company in accordance with the law which are required for confirmation of those personal numbers and identifications of such persons;
(2) If any change occurs to the personal numbers submitted under (i) above, said employee shall promptly notify the Company thereof.
(3) Specific personal information such as personal numbers obtained by the Company from its employees shall be used for the following purposes:
(i) Preparation of certificates of withholding tax, preparation of salary payment reports, submission of declaration of exemption for dependents and other affairs concerning tax withholding etc.; and
(ii) Affairs in regards to the filing of and applying for social insurance or corporate pensions, etc. such as health insurance, welfare pension, employment insurance, labor accident compensation and the like.
Article 4 Joint Use among Amazon Group Companies
1. Intent and Purposes of Joint Use, Scope of Joint Users
In order to achieve the purpose of use set forth under Article 3, the Company globally and jointly uses Personal Information etc. (other than specific personal information) of employees (including applicants for employment) among Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, the "Amazon Group Companies") held by such respective Amazon Group Companies.
2. Items of Personal Information to be Jointly Used
All items of personal information necessary for its global employment management, including the following, shall be jointly used, except for those prohibited by law from being jointly used:
(ii) Date of birth;
(iv) Address (home and workplace);
(v) Telephone number (home, workplace and mobile);
(vi) E-mail address (home and workplace);
(vii) Facial photographs;
(viii) Academic background (including certificates of graduation etc.), biography, honors and punishments (including criminal records);
(ix) Date of joining the Company;
(x) Job level;
(xi) Title, position title;
(xii) Salary, bonuses, stock-related compensation (including information concerning RSU);
(xiii) Employment insurance identification number, universal pension number;
(xiv) Bank account information (including information concerning payroll transfer accounts and accounts for settlement of expenses)
(xv) Information of residence (including type of residential status, the number on the certificate of status of residence, issue date, expiration date etc.)
(xvi) Disability passbook number, grade, type, qualification authorities;
(xvii) Information concerning dependents and information concerning year- end adjustment;
(xviii) Employee number;
(xix) Information concerning interviews etc. at the time of employment;
(xx) Results of personnel appraisal;
(xxi) Information concerning work hours, number of holidays;
(xxii) Investigation results regarding any incidents, accidents, or misconduct etc. at or involving the Amazon Group Companies;
(xxiii) Health reports (including health check results upon joining the Company and results of regular health exams);
(xxiv) Commuting information (including stations used, route and rate);
(xxv) Information concerning any automobiles (including motorcycles) owned or used; and
(xxvi) Any other items necessary for achieving the purpose of use.
3. Person in Charge Managing Personal Information
The Company shall be responsible, even after such joint use, for managing personal data, the content of which the Company is authorized to disclose, correct, add or delete, discontinue use, erase or discontinue provision to third parties.
4. Security Control Measures for Foreign Joint Users
5. If the Company directly obtains from an individual any personal information verbally, in writing or otherwise in a proper manner, by providing such information, said individual shall be deemed to have consented to the joint use of such information by the Amazon Group Companies (including those outside Japan) in accordance with the provisions of this Article.
Article 5 Entrustment
1. The Company may entrust the handling of Personal Information etc. in whole or in part to a third party, in which case, the Company shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over an entrusted person so as to seek the security control of such Personal Information etc. in accordance with laws and regulations applicable to such Personal Information etc.
2. The Company may entrust the handling of Personal Information etc. in whole or in part to a third party outside Japan; in which case, the Company shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over an entrusted person so as to seek the security control of such Personal Information etc. in accordance with laws and regulations applicable to such Personal Information etc. In addition to the above, the Company shall enter into an agreement with such third party on the handling of Personal Information etc., which includes security control measures, whereby such third party is made to take ongoing measures equivalent to those to be taken by a personal information handling business operator in Japan.
3. If the Company directly obtains from an individual Personal Information etc. verbally, in writing or otherwise in a proper manner, by providing such information, said individual shall be deemed to have consented to the entrustment of the handling of Personal Information etc. by the Company to third parties (including those outside Japan) in accordance with the provisions of this Article.
|Article 6 Disclosure, Correction, Addition or Deletion of Content, Discontinued Use, Erasing and Discontinued Provision to Third Parties
Any individual may make a request to the Company for the disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of content, or discontinued use, erasing or discontinued provision to third parties of personal data retained by the Company that can identify such individual. In regards to such requests, please contact the contact point as set forth in Article 1, Paragraph 3 above.