Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world!
The AWS High Performance Computing (HPC) team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to develop new features, functionalities, and capabilities for our HPC Products Offerings.
The HPC team is building a core set of technologies that allow our customers to plan, schedule, and execute HPC workloads across the full range of AWS compute services and capabilities.
As a contributor in the HPC org, you'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced agile environment that involves active collaborations with other AWS teams across different locations.
This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a global scale, while touching and influencing large parts of the underlying AWS services.
As a member of this AWS HPC engineering team you'll be involved with the design and development of products that provide fully featured HPC infrastructures on demand.
An HPC infrastructure is complex in nature including the provisioning of multiple resources as computing, networking, storage and the deployment and configuration of different operating systems and software tools that enable our customers to fulfill their HPC workloads.
You'll focus on the design and implementation of critical components and software products, driving software best practices concerning quality, security, operational excellence that will help the team to innovate and deliver higher quality software faster.
You will become intimate with the architecture of our systems and be responsible for diving deep into code, while developing solutions for our customers and services. You’ll drive prioritization of operational issues, and drive automation design & scaling requirements in support of the wider organization.
You should be somebody who enjoys working on solving problems, is customer centric, and feels strongly not only about operations but also about integrating and running systems and software in the real world.
The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems design and software engineering experience, Linux/Unix and networking fundamentals, and a passion for AWS technology.
We develop innovative products to build and automate complex distributed computing environments that combine the cutting edge of AWS services and technologies for our customers. If this sounds like the right challenge for you then please apply today!
QUALIFICHE DI BASE
- BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related field
- Several years of professional experience in software development with Python
- Multiple years of professional experience with Linux/Unix operating system and scripting
- English as working language is a requirement
- Experience with designing, building and operating large-scale distributed systems
- Masters Degree
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools for continuous delivery, infrastructure as code, software deployment automation / configuration management
- Experience developing automation to solve problems at scale
- Experience with HPC batch schedulers (LSF, PBS, GridEngine, Slurm, etc.) or other HPC, cluster management technologies
- Familiarity with AWS platform
- Customer focus
- Technically sound in software engineering activities and life cycles, including coding standard, source control management, testing and operations
- Passion for building and operating highly-available distributed systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
“Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”
You will be able to choose between Cagliari or Asti as job location.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.