- Esaminare stato candidatura
- Vantaggi & cultura Amazon
- Categoria di lavoro
- language dropdown menuItaliano
- English, British
- Español (Europeo)
- Português, Brasil
Interested in Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
We are looking for passionate and creative Applied Scientist to help build industry-leading speech and language solutions to enhance user interactions with our products and provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As an Applied Scientist on our team, you will build and optimize cutting-edge natural language understanding systems and conduct core research aimed at advancing the state of the art. This involves:
· Researching the latest modeling techniques. Understanding trade-offs between competing approaches, and identifying the ones that are likely to have real impact on our customers
· Implementing and/or improving modeling tools, training recipes and prototypes utilizing programming skills in Python and/or Java
· Conducting experiments to assess the quality of language processing modules and to study the effect of different modeling techniques
· Analyzing field data in order to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of the system
· Presenting and discussing ideas and results within the team and beyond
· Graduate degree (masters or PhD) in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related areas
· Solid coding skills (preferably Python and/or C/C++)
· Comprehensive and deep knowledge of a relevant field of research, such as machine learning, statistical modeling, natural language understanding, machine translation, speech recognition
· Experience using Unix/Linux
· Dependable written and oral communication skills (English)
· Explicit (industry or academic) experience with with large vocabulary speech recognition or natural language understanding
· PhD or 5+ years of relevant work experience
· Be an avid programmer, with extensive expertise in Python, Java or C++.
· Expertise in any of the following areas: algorithms and data structures, parsing, numerical optimization, data mining, parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing
· Experience in professional software development
If you are deciding to apply please submit your application in English.