Amazon is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to partner the Categories' Senior Managers, responsible for a number of fast growing product categories in Italy.
As a finance leader for the businesses you will be expected to push a high control environment, drive innovation in both the retail and finance process as well as provide a long term vision for a creating successful businesses that delivering a strong financial performance, whilst not compromising on customer experience and trust.
In this role you will be expected to drive relationships with Category Leaders and Senior Managers, take the finance lead for all initiatives, planning processes and metrics for periodic reviews, keeping customer experience front of mind you will drive cost out initiatives, touching all aspects of the value chain, this will include assessing Vendor terms, assessing the impact of changes in operations structure and actions as well as driving the business to deliver ambitious growth targets, benchmarking performance with other EU marketplaces and establishing plans and forecasts.
You will continuously audit business inputs and processes to ensure that strong financial controls remain fit for purpose, you will be required to dive deep into every aspect of the business, to drive improvement, and use data and strong business judgment to drive the right long term decisions.
You will lead the effort to develop insightful analysis and reporting to support decision making and monitor performance. You will be skilled in extracting insights from large volumes of data, and effectively communicate with your business partners in how to act on theses insights. You will be working closely with senior leadership in Italy and expected to interact with Finance and business teams across EU.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver with a history of strong leadership skills in managing teams and having an impact across multiple geographies. As an amazon employee you will be expected to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
· Creating and leading an efficient finance team to challenge and support business teams
· Become a valued member of the EU finance team, based on consistently delivering results and bringing insightful analysis and ideas to the table
· Drive a consistent and high quality process for planning and monitoring various businesses from early stage to large scale, covering all finance and accounting matters including budgeting, forecasting, expense tracking and controls
· Working with the client group senior management and corporate accounting to ensure effective cost management and to provide useful information for decision making
· Ownership of Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly business reviews.
· Partner with Senior Business Management and corporate accounting to ensure effective cost management and enable impactful decision making.
· Work with the leadership team in goal setting and tracking as part of annual planning processes.
· Ownership of business cases and financials for initiatives, and performance tracking post implementation.
· Provide a series of benchmarking studies on vendor performance and drive analysis to improve the long term economics of the business.
· Evaluate promotional and pricing activities, working with the pricing team and within company guidelines
· Provide a consolidated view of business performance
· 9+ years of relevant finance experience within a business partnering role, preferably within FMCG / Retail
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage teams and businesses
· Strong Financial models and data analysis skills
· Fluent in English
· MBA preferred but not essential
· Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field preferred.
· A experience strong financial leader and coach
· Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
· Strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities
· Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools and modeling
· Innovative and commercial
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
· Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
· Ambitious, want to succeed and be part of a great team.
· Italian language skills is an advantage
Please send your CV in English.