Woot is actively recruiting top tier software engineering talent to join our software development team. Woot.com is the snarkiest daily deal website between Lake Washington and the Space Needle. We pioneered the deal-a-day model that many lesser beings failed to capture, and still offer the world a customer-centric environment of fun that mixes cleverly curated write-ups with frank, unfiltered community feedback.
Enjoy working on challenging problems that directly impact and empower customers at massive scale? Want to innovate and engineer services and website platforms that power our business operations? If you are passionate about front-end or back-end development, or even both, Woot has the opportunities to allow builders to build great software for our customers.
Successful candidates will be strong engineers who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The Woot development team requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus. We use Scrum and test-driven development to meet business objectives, build code continuously, and refactor systems as needed. We use ASP.NET MVC and C# to build our website for desktop and mobile. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
· Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science/related field OR equivalent experience
· 6+ years professional experience in software development
· Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least one object oriented language such as C#, C++ or Java
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience crafting automated unit, integration, functional, and regression tests
· Experience architecting and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, productive software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· 10+ years professional experience in software development
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience developing RESTful APIs with ASP.NET MVC
· Solid knowledge of database structures and tools
· Knowledge of ordering, fulfilment and payment systems