At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced Operations Manager Logistics (m/f) to join the team at our new Fulfillment Center (FC) in Dobroviz, close to Prague.
The role will be responsible for Operations and Business Unit Managers Logistics, and reports to the General Manager of each location. The role includes the overall management, control and direction of Inbound or Outbound distribution operations and will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FC provides to our customers, resulting in exceeded productivity goals and the delivery to our customer promise.
· Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/ Six Sigma initiatives to enable Operations and ultimately the FC to attain our Business Plan
· Manage a team of 10 to 20 with responsibility of a department of 200+ (400 in peak season) employees within a very fast-paced/ time-critical and demanding environment
· Set/ clarify requirements and expectations for Operations Managers, Business Unit Managers Logistics and Team Leaders
· Measure performance through metrics, providing feedback, and holding Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
· As needed partner with Managers to establish corrective plans to insure that department meets objectives
· Leverage ideas of Business Unit Managers Logistics and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the FC
· Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
· Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department
· Work closely with support staff (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety Manager, Security Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures
· Manage and promote the maintenance of the working environment including driving health and safety standards across your operational area
· Ensure security procedures are followed at all times
· Maintains a complete management overview and thorough understanding of inventory in a multi-product automated environment
· Achieve stock accuracy targets
· Implements change and/or develops new processes as required to provide ability to better direct ship multiple products to multiple locations and geographies
· Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labour and daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals
· Improve quality and eliminate errors, reduce cost per unit
· Manage and report metrics daily
· Strong senior operations team leadership experience (manufacturing, production or distribution environments), in a similar fast-paced environment
· Goal driven, target orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture and long term vision for the department.
· Able to manage ambiguity with their sleeves rolled up, and posses a preparedness to get involved if needed.
· Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment
· Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and very strong analytical skill capability as required, to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges
· Excellent judgments to ensure timely decisions are made on a regular basis. Demonstrated ability to get things done and be resourceful.
· Maintains effective pace and produces conclusive, measurable results within time commitments.
· You are fluent in English. Verbally and written communication, including report writing skills. Czech language will be an advantage.
· High dependability – able to manage a business that can operate 24/7 (including idays) and commit the time required to get the job done. Therefore you should be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
· Practiced working knowledge of Six Sigma tools (preferred Black Belt qualified) and Lean techniques
· Candidates will be degree qualified in Operations, Engineering, Logistics or similar. An MBA would also be advantageous
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application and portfolio. Please submit your online application in one document including your CV and covering letter (both written in English, max. 5MB) by clicking "online bewerben", stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.