At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. The goal of Amazon is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
The Italian Amazon team is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Regional Health & Safety Manager to play a critical role in managing the Health & Safety function that can drive innovation and execution in last mile delivery and transportation networks. The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in safety, quality and productivity, working with the Management teams.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities include:
· Managing the EHS function for the region, including the supervision of team members, to ensure delivery of Safety performance in line with personal, team and functional goals and objectives
· Developing and maintaining relationships with Operational and Functional Leadership, direct reports and Safety Manager peers to provide authoritative and efficient advice and guidance on EHS matters, share best practices and ensure consistency of approach in Amazon operations.
· Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
· Creating business change as required through effective change management processes within the fast-paced multi-site operation.
· Participating in collaborative EHS projects that have relevance
· Supporting the analysis of accident data, gap analysis and Associate feedback in order to build prevention programs and contribute to Amazon capital requests to improve Safety and impact accident trends
· Implementing and maintaining post-roll out ergonomic and behavioral culture programs where required and across a complex multi-shift operation
· Interfacing with EHS legislative bodies and emergency services personnel as required, ensuring clear escalation and compliance with company procedures
· Liaising and responding to insurers / solicitors in response to personal injury claims
· Preparation and issuance of regular and ad hoc reports and metric documents
· Overseeing Peak readiness and Peak post-mortem processes from an EHS perspective
· Participating in recruiting efforts
· Overseeing in the EHS Safety Audit program
· Any other reasonable request
· Innovation around company safety policies to ensure that local legislative requirements are met
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief
· Must hold EHS qualifications to at least NVQ5 / NEBOSH Diploma level
· Must be willing to work towards chartered membership of IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent
· Has a demonstrable in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EHS legislation and strong project management skills
· PRINCE II
· Lean, 5S and Kaizen qualifications/experience