Woot.com, a subsidiary of Amazon, is looking for a Sr. Product Manager, Traffic to lead our efforts to drive traffic and attract new customers. Woot is a top 50 e-commerce site which was launched in 2004, introducing the “daily deal” model in the US. Since 2004 Woot has grown from one deal a day to over 3,000 while maintaining it’s quirky humor through write-ups, blogs, videos, polls and other content.
Woot is looking for a traffic pro, who can create a culture of growth hacking and help us introduce new customers to our great deals and hilarious content. You will lead a team of marketers and coordinate with our vendor management, product management, and development teams to identify and prioritize our biggest traffic driving opportunities. You will also manage external partners and identify new partners to help us drive traffic and introduce woot to new customers.
This role has responsibility for strategy, execution, measurement, and reporting across all the channels. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working closely across functions, as well as the ability to communicate with executive stakeholders.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
Traffic Channel Ownership: Ownership of all managed marketing channels including: email, organic search, paid search, affiliates, app download campaigns, display advertising, and paid and earned social. Stay abreast of new platform and technology developments that may support Woot’s brand and business objectives. Evaluate and test new and creative growth strategies. Manage analytics and recommend changes based on analysis of channel/campaign effectiveness and drive continuous improvement.
Customer Acquisition and Retention: Drive new customers via paid and organic search, social media programs, e-mail marketing, and other online marketing initiatives while also bringing new consumers into the fold via more traditional offline campaigns. Be creative and use the latest techniques to build the user base and accelerate customer growth through a range of marketing strategies and programs.
Customer Segmentation/Targeting: Work with BIE/Analytics to develop a customer segmentation and drive continuous improvement of targeting and marketing plans based on segmentation.
Leadership: Actively participate as a member of the marketing leadership team. Responsible for the recruitment, career development, and mentoring of staff.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in consumer marketing, product marketing and/or digital/high-technology consumer companies/products
· Proven ability to drive innovative and effective digital marketing programs that generate results
· Experience communicating verbally and through written documents with senior leadership
· Background performing and overseeing quantitative analysis to reach sound data-based conclusions
· Adept at bridging data analysis, primary and secondary research, competitive intelligence and marketing savvy to build marketing and communication programs
· Demonstrated aptitude at managing, developing, and retaining high-performing teams in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
· Expertise in leveraging, influencing, navigating, and building partnerships across internal and external teams
· Strong sense of brand and editorial voice; the ability to harmonize message across multiple channels and marketing vehicles
· Background in Google Analytics, AdWords, Excel (pivot tables), and SQL (basic queries) a major plus.
· Experience with mobile app marketing a plus.
· MBA or masters in related subject matter