Amazon is seeking a Regional Financial Controller to join the UK Operations Finance team. This role will have a direct impact on driving the future of Amazon’s world-class operations network. The candidate will work closely with operations leaders, technology teams, and international finance teams. The person in this role will be directly responsible for controllership and finance for a number of operations sites in a specific region. In addition, the role will involve ad-hoc analysis and special projects requiring detailed modeling to drive the decision-making of senior leadership. The candidate should be comfortable driving deadlines among various teams.
We are recruiting in several locations in UK! This role can be based in various different locations, however you would be required to work in one of our established UK sites.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Managing all expenditures relating to regional facilities and delivery regular cost forecasts and variance analyses
• Developing annual operations and capital plans
• Partnering with regional and site leadership to influence financial and operational productivity and mitigate risks
· Experience in finance and accounting
· Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative area or other degree with equivalent experience.
· CIMA or ACCA qualification
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
· Understanding of finance issues in an operational environment of rapid growth
· Expertise with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Industry experience in e-commerce, distribution, retail, or any other state of the art Supply Chain/Logistics industrial company
· Demonstrated experience of successfully driving complex, milestone driven projects and carrying out changes across multi-country entities.
· Ability to travel – 50% of time will be spent in facilities outside of the regional office
· Ability to think both analytically and strategically – to go beyond the numbers and to think logically about underlying business issues.
· Strong PC modeling skills including advanced proficiency in MS Excel
· Familiarity with operational controllership - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics
· MBA preferred
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.