Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm helps us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
We recruit all across Europe. This role can be based in various different locations, however you would be required to work in one of our established UK sites.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Being part of a team focusing on Financial performance and planning from our 30+ warehouses EU-wide
· Tracking initiatives & contribute to performance improvements
· Business partnering with our Operation Excellence team
· Owning planning and reporting standards for our various warehouses across EU
· Continuously challenging planning, reporting and monthly financial close processes and apply your technical expertise to work towards smart automated and centralized solutions
· Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reductions
· Proficiency with quantitative analysis and databases
· Advanced proficiency in Excel and SQL
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
· 2 years of relevant experience in positions that require analysis.
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
· Fluent written and oral communication in English, further languages are a plus
· Measured experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms to result
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerPivot, R, and/or Cognos) and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
· Previous experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
· Willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 80 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.