IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, with an audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors across its website and mobile apps. We sit at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology industries inside Amazon, the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company.
The new IMDb Originals team is seeking an experienced Senior Development Manager to create successful original series through collaboration with external production companies and programming networks. We’re looking for an entertainment-obsessed digital native -- a world-class creative with deep development, production, and writing experience who just happens to be a superfan. This position will require a deep understanding of the interests of digital entertainment audiences, production of various program types, and an understanding of how production resources impact creative outcomes. The Sr Development Manager will be located in LA and will report to IMDb’s Head of Originals and Events.
· Create a pipeline of original programming by defining show concepts and filtering/evaluating incoming pitches against IMDb’s creative lens and business priorities.
· Serve as internal EP and showrunner overseeing production of IMDb original series once green-lit. Manage successful execution of pilot and ensuing episodes, from budget to creative, with 3rd party production companies and networks. Ensure all IMDb notes and requirements are addressed.
· Coordinate and collaborate effectively with IMDb production, editorial, events, marketing, PR, distribution, sponsorship, and product teams, to ensure the success of original series
· Monitor trends and news related to entertainment programming to effectively position IMDb jn the marketplace.
· Regularly engage in pitch / development discussions with new prospective producers and partners.
· 10+ years experience developing and producing highly original, episodic, entertainment-related video content for digital and television audiences. Experience with the following formats preferred: news, talk shows, documentaries, reality shows, game shows.
· Hands-on production experience as a writer, director, editor, and/or as on-camera talent
· Deep familiarity with creation of both long and short form video content, and daily/weekly production cadences
· Experience working with high-profile talent, on or off-camera
· Network of contacts in production and production related services and a demonstrated ability to recruit, book, and effectively work with talent
· A passion for movies, TV, and digital content
· · Ability to operate at a senior/strategic level without extensive support staff
· · Superior written and oral business communications skills, with the ability to comfortably and professionally interact with colleagues at all levels
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on multiple deadlines at once
· Senior production position with long-running weekly/episodic series
· Comedy writing experience for digital or TV
· Hands-on video production experience (camera, editing, etc)
· Management of direct reports and contract/freelance staffs