IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, with an audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors across its website and mobile apps. We sit at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology industries inside Amazon, the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company.
IMDb is looking for a talented and experienced video producer to create and deliver original videos, series, and event coverage. The ideal candidate will be a highly creative, entertainment-obsessed, digital native, and they will have a broad background in video production that enables them to fill a variety of roles as needs dictate on a project-by-project basis, potentially including writing, directing, and light editing. This position will require a deep understanding of the interests of digital entertainment audiences, production of various program types, and an understanding of how production resources impact creative outcomes.
· 5+ years hands-on experience producing original, entertainment-related video content for digital audiences, including significant writing experience
· Expereince generating original short-form video concepts and lead successful execution lead video production teams or contractors both locally and remotely
· Network of contacts in production and production related services, and a demonstrated ability to recruit, book, and effectively work with talent
· Management of budgets and calendars
· Experience working with high-profile talent on or off camera
· A passion for movies, TV, and digital content
· Superior written and oral business communications skills, with the ability to comfortably and professionally interact with colleagues at all levels
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on multiple deadlines at once
· Level headed; cool under pressure
· B.A. or B.S. degree
· Live production experience
· Television experience (in addition to digital) is a plus
· Experience writing / producing for some of the following categories: comedy, news, talk shows, documentaries, reality shows, game shows.
· Management of contract/freelance staffers