Do you like movies & TV and celebs? Wish you could be a part of changing how Hollywood works, firsthand? Pride yourself on your indie movie knowledge? Wish you were an insider? Now is your chance!
IMDb is looking for passionate software engineers to forge inroads into the entertainment industry. You will have the opportunity to use Amazon technologies from all over the company to build world-class products, which will be used directly by industry professionals in the movie & TV development process. IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team.
IMDb Pro & Withoutabox are specifically geared towards professionals in the entertainment business, and serve as the most complete resources for finding talent, getting discovered, staying informed, and staying connected. Turn it up to 11! Come join the team and be a part of the action! Your customers are actors, directors, casting agents, film festivals, independent filmmakers, and rabid fans like yourself.
You will be part of a medium sized team working in Cloud, OO and AWS technologies. It's a fun and fast paced environment with an exposure to working across Amazon businesses on a global scale. You will collaborate with engineers, quality assurance, product & program management, and designers to make swift but data driven decision that result in high quality customer features.
Come be a member of our team and revolutionize how festivals operate, how filmmakers do their work, and how industry professionals get informed, stay connected and get discovered.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
· Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of professional experience in software design and development.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm and object-oriented design, data structures, and problem solving
· Demonstrable experience developing in Java in a Linux or UNIX environment
· Demonstrable experience with relational databases and SQL
· A strong focus on clean code and solid designs
· Experience in taking a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience with full stack development (both front- and back-end) and operation of a customer-facing cloud-based, scalable, production software system
· Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience developing web services, or other scalable distributed systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, continuous integration, deployment, and operations
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team