Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company.
Every day across the world we develop the ideas, the services and the products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers. From providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe.
Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience. These range from business analysis and inventory management, to team leadership, engineering, transportation and retail. Our network of Fulfilment Centres is supported by Operations Managers, Support Managers, Senior Operations Managers and Team Managers. Between them they take responsibility for the receipt and stowing of inventory, picking, packing and shipping, to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
Whatever your background or current area of expertise, if you’re motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. We’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt to changes quickly and we encourage you to try new things and take your career down different paths. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth.
About the Graduate role:
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates to join the fast paced world of Logistics in European Operations as a Graduate Area Manager. This will be a permanent role from day one with structured onboarding and plenty of training and support.
An Area Manager is a manager with a bias for action. You will manage day-to-day operations in one of the segments from inbound to outbound (receiving, stowing, picking, packing, and shipping) and liaise with other departments to ensure a smooth flow of operations. Through your work, you will continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the Fulfilment centre provides to our customers.
In this role you will lead and develop a team of associates to their full potential, ensuring your team meets performance objectives in order to fulfill and exceed our customers’ expectations. You will learn to carry out a manager’s responsibilities in accordance with Amazon's policies and procedures; ensuring that standards of discipline are maintained and infringements are handled appropriately.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for measuring, evaluating and improving the processes in the areas of Transportation, Supply Chain and Logistics, obtaining and reporting on key metrics data and driving production within your area.
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
· Maintain health and safety standards within your area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
· Lead, manage and mentor a large and diverse team of associates in a specified department within a very fast-paced and high-volume environment.
The result is a learning environment that’s quite unlike any other. You’ll have the chance to work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You will be able demonstrate strong leadership ability and excellent communications skills across all levels within a diverse culture.
· You will be results driven with analytical capability, with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
· You should have strong decision making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
· You will be willing to work to flexible schedules / shifts hours (could be nights) and commit the time required to get the job done
We are looking for forward-thinkers who take a continuously proactive approach and create a culture of creativity within the workplace.
· Recently Obtained or be working towards your degree
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & Spanish
· Evidence of leadership skills – perhaps you were president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in charity work or a group project
· Highly developed analytical skills.
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full- time role; if it’s in an operations or customer-facing environment so much the better
· The ability to speak and write another European language, particularly German, French or Spanish would be an advantage
· Flexibility to move around the EU
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.