From Jeff Bezos’ garage, to a global leader in e-commerce, Amazon has always been driven by technological innovation. Our vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team right across Europe.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers. We’re making history and the great news is that we’ve only just begun.
We are currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team and play a critical role in the management, control and direction of Inbound and Outbound within our Fulfilment Centre (FC).
The role reports to the Senior Operations Manager, and you will be directly responsible for a team of Area /Team Managers and their direct reports. You will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FC provides to our customers, resulting in exceeded productivity goals and delivery against our customer promises.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
· Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, performance levels, process change initiatives, and other Process Improvement/ Six Sigma initiatives to enable Operations and ultimately the FC to attain Amazon’s Business Plan
· Manage a team of approximately 200+ (400 in peak season) employees within a very fast-paced/ time-critical and demanding environment. This will include the setup and implementation of career development plans for all your Direct Reports, i.e. the Area Managers
· Manage a shift directly and a major process directly or indirectly – becoming a subject matter expert in your area
· Set / clarify requirements and expectations for Area Managers and Team Leaders
· Work closely with other support teams (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety & Security Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures
· Implement change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better direct ship multiple products to multiple locations and geographies
· Participate from time to time in cross-functional Process and Business Improvement projects within the FC and the broader Amazon EU Operations network
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You will be able demonstrate strong leadership ability and excellent communications skills across all levels within a diverse culture.
· You will be results driven with analytical capability, with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
· You should have strong decision making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
· You will be willing to work to flexible schedules / shifts hours (could be nights) and commit the time required to get the job done
We are looking for forward-thinkers who take a continuously proactive approach and create a culture of creativity within the workplace.
· Significant Operations team leadership experience in a similar fast-paced process driven manufacturing, production or distribution/logistics environment
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels
· Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviors
· Practiced working knowledge of Lean techniques such as Kaizen or Six Sigma
· Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capability
· Demonstrate the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and manipulate data
· Able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done
· Bias for action - this role is fundamentally about managing and driving production within specified area/s and process improvement through efficiency and change
· Highly developed analytical skills.
·Candidates will ideally be degree qualified in a Science or Logistics based discipline or be a direct MBA graduate. Six Sigma Green or Operational Black Belts welcome.
· The ability to speak and write another European language, particularly German, French, Italian or Spanish would be an advantage
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
If you want to invest in yourself and become part of an international group, we offer competitive compensation packages and opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate has the opportunity for future promotion and career development, and candidates that can achieve and aspire to personal career development are actively sought
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.