Purpose of the role:
Production Engineer / Controls Systems Specialist (CSS)
The Controls Systems Specialist (CSS) will ensure that Safety comes first in all Facilities efforts. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems, act as a liaison for internal and external resources, and be on call as needed. This position will also provide proper training to the Facility Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance.
This position requires strong project management skills, effective communication skills, being self-directed, and the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
• Prepare specifications and technical detail to fully define performance on equipment, material and services
• Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis
• Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change
• Familiarization with Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC processers and input/output modules.
• Provide detailed analysis and testing of existing and new engineering solutions and components
• Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the Facilities Engineering team.
• Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
• Undertake industrial engineering design on existing material handling modules within European network
• Provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, conveyor and equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets.
• Support commissioning of new automation elements
• Actively participate in local or EU network level control projects and Initiatives
• Provide value engineering/ value analysis
• Ensures adherence to all Health & Safety procedures. Be proactive in the raising of potential H&S issues and the development of personal safety awareness
• Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings
• Fully understand and ensure procedural adherence to industry operating standards such as QS 9000, ISO 9002, ISO 14001 and LAPS
• Actively participate in the Control System SharePoint site development
• Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.
Master degree in Electronic or Informatics
• 2+ years of control system working experience in PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support.
• Experience in Siemens And/or Allen Bradley (A&B) PLC control level issue diagnosis
• AutoCAD work experience on control layout design and schemetic.
• Experience in dealing with material handling, flow and capacity
• Strong analytical skills
• A team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
• Open and proactive communication in a multi lingual environment
• Ability to operate in open organization structure
• Self-motivated and customer-centric
• Experience with email and MS Excel
• Knowledge of Six Sigma analytical and process improvement techniques
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Up to 20% of regional travel is required.
• A 2 year+ professional electrical or mechanical training degree or BS degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
• Advanced industrial engineering, project management and implementation experience
• Any other European language knowledge would be a plus
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies